If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Five Bookish Habits I Want To Break

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl


I don't pay any attention to names in books all that much anymore. That may sound strange, but I'm more likely to remember the story, the world-building elements and a character's physical appearance than I am to remember a name. It's the same thing in my life. If I meet too many people at once I'm more likely to remember their face than I am to remember their names.

This Week's Topic:
Five Bookish Habits I Want To Break

1. Getting so attached to one book that I can't read anything else for a while;

2. Letting books pile up to a point that causes me anxiety just thinking about them;

3. Not jump into not finishing a book because of small things that bother me;

4. Stop racing/skimming through a book just because I want to know what happens next because I'm impatient;

5. Keeping books on my shelf for aesthetic purposes only even though I didn't finish reading it and won't consider revisiting the story;

Do you have any bookish habits you'd love to break?
Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. I can honestly say, I do not suffer from any of these habits. I think my worst bookish thing is judging a book by its cover. I legit have passed over books because the cover turned me off, and then I hear the book is amazing. But once I have it in my mind, it's hard for me to get past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I suffer from that too! I guess I should add a number 6 to this list. Badly designed book covers are a huge turn off for me as well :)

      Delete
  2. I don't really suffer from these too much, though I really do need to get rid of more books (and start books as I get them more often). I'm working on it!

    As for names - in real life I'm like you, I remember faces better than names. As for books, if I really love the book or the name is unique, etc. Otherwise, I tend to forget. haha

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely guilty of letting books pile up! Oh the anxiety!

      The name has to be REALLY different for me to commit it to memory. There are very few that hold that level of recognition for me :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I also get kinda stressed sometimes if I let ARCs pile up and the release dates start getting closer! But honestly I'm already behind two ARCs right now and have just decided, screw it. I'm usually good about dates, but I'm doing the best I can, and that'll have to be good enough! But I totally keep books that I didn't like. I don't have that many books, I need to keep them all for the aesthetic, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piled up arc's and books in general make my anxiety go haywire, but life does get in the way sometimes and, like you said, if you're doing your best that's all you really can do. I live for an aesthetically pleasant shelf! Regardless if I liked the book or if I finished it or not if it's pretty it'll eternally be on my shelf :)

      Delete
  4. online courses india
    I can sincerely say, I don't experience the ill effects of any of these propensities. I think my most exceedingly terrible erudite thing is judging a book by its cover. I genuine have disregarded books on the grounds that the cover turned me off, and after that I hear the book is astounding. Be that as it may, once I have it in my psyche, it's difficult for me to move beyond it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that! I believe a well designed cover can make or break a book. I'm totally guilty of skipping a book just because the cover looks "off" to me and I always hear that that particular book was amazing. It's a bad habit that, by this point, I'm not even sure I want to break :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...