If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 13, 2022

Book Review: Luck of the Demon By Stacia Stark

Luck of the Demon
(Deals with Demons #4)
By Stacia Stark

Within a matter of days, Samael will turn to ash.
And there’s a high chance I’ll die with him.

To save both our lives, I’m calling in every favor and debt owed to me.

I’ll travel through realms.

I’ll tussle with mythical creatures.

And I’ll hand over the things I value most– even if it means playing right into Lucifer’s hands.

I never could have imagined I’d risk everything for a demon. But what Samael and I have will always be worth fighting for. Even if it means ending treaties, severing friendships, and alienating our allies.

Because Samael is mine now.

And I protect what’s mine.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

This book felt like one big very obvious connect the dots but in a good way. I could see the pieces falling into place long before they happened. There are quite a few interesting twists along the way and a lot about possible future spin-offs were hinted at. That was actually one of the most interesting aspects of this book in particular. What I wouldn't give to take a look at the storyboard the author probably has for this universe she's fleshing out. *Cue conspiracy theory meme guy gif*

Due to extenuating circumstances, Samael was and wasn't a big part of this book. He was there and he was important but it wasn't on him to resolve anything. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he's a bigger part of the next book because that ending really hurt.

Danica was so violent, resourceful, and kick*ss in this book! Even with so many people doubting her she moved heaven and hell to get what she wanted. She called in every favor we've seen her collect in past books. That was the moment it dawned on me that the author had this all planned out from the start down to the smallest of details.

It's astounding to think that Stacia Stark only started releasing books in 2021. The world she's built with this series is fantastic. The writing is so good. The characters are complex and painted in shades of grey that you sometimes cringe at but you know you'll be coming back for more. She deserves a big pat on the back or maybe a punch considering all the cliffhangers she's putting me through. Of course, I'm kidding! 🙃

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...