If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 7, 2022

Audio Book Review: Winter Wolf By Rachel M. Raithby

Winter Wolf
(New Dawn #1)
By Rachel M. Raithby 

Narrated By: Lauren Ezzo
Length: 7 hours and 29 minutes

Katalina Winter was prepared for life to change when she turned eighteen—but she never expected to actually change.

Learning that her birth parents were purebred wolf shifters is shocking enough. Now she’s expected to take her place in their unfamiliar world. Caught between two warring packs, Katalina must learn fast. One pack, led by the father she has only just met, wants to control her—and the other one wants her dead.

However, there is one bright spot to shifting, and his name is Bass Evernight. Tall, dark, and oh-so-handsome, Bass is the wolf that Katalina craves. He’s also strictly forbidden: a member of Dark Shadow, Bass is the son of her father’s mortal enemy. Yet deep down inside, Katalina’s new primal instincts howl that Bass is her mate. Can their love bring an end to the brutal war that has raged for so long, or will it spark the fighting around them into an all-consuming fire?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

My Review:

There was something off about this book but I can't pinpoint what it was. The characters were ok, the worldbuilding (though little was present) and writing were ok, and the overall story was fast-paced (but felt rushed due to choppy scene transitions). There were moments that were a tad bit juvenile but it wasn't enough to stop me from being engrossed in the story. There was something that kept me coming back for more which is strange considering I tried reading this novel in 2015 and ended up forgetting about it completely *facepalm*.

The story, like I said, was rather interesting! The heroine has a lot thrown at her in a very short period of time and she reacts how she reacts. I liked her relationship with the hero. I enjoyed how she didn't jump into things due to their circumstances. I loved that he respected her enough to actually talk to her about what was going on instead of expecting to control her. They were actually very sweet together!

The ending was pretty calm considering how I thought this was going to end. I swear I saw one heck of an infuriating cliffhanger looming. I was so glad I was wrong! I may continue on in this series. We'll see!

The Audio Book:

The narration was fine. All the characters were distinguishable from each other. Nothing really stood out but at the same time, nothing was necessarily bad.

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Glad it was okay even if not amazing. Some books are just like that ha ha! Hope you are well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! Not all books are for everyone ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...