If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Monthly Recap: January 2021

January!

Happy 2021!

She said sarcastically after realizing that 2020 did indeed not stay in 2020 and we're still in the midst of a global pandemic. Sigh. 

At least now many countries (including Brazil ahh!!) are getting the vaccines we need no thanks to our butthead of a president but that's a personal opinion of mine. 

In terms of books, things are looking great! I read a total of 11 books this month. Comics and poetry books have helped me tremendously in getting to my unicorn goal of 100 books read in a year. 2020 had a least one positive: I accomplished that goal!

While you're here I'd love to invite you to check out my Top 12 Books of 2020! 2020 was a rollercoaster of a year but hey! at least there were good books to help pave my way through it.

Books I Read & Listened
To In January

| Audio Book | eBook | Audio Book |
  • Deity By Jennifer L. Armentrout - The farther I get into this series the more I can appreciate the universe the author created and how everything is moving along at a steady pace. (My review coming soon!)
  • Shadow Of The Fae By K. J. Baker - This was an okay book. The world-building was okay, the characters were okay and the writing was okay. (My review coming soon!)
  • Apollyon By Jennifer L. Armentrout - Remember all the good things I was spouting about this series in my last review? Well, that's over and done with now. (My review coming soon!)
| eARCeARC |
| Audio Book | Audio Book | eBook |
  • Shifter Island By Leia Stone - I enjoyed this book way more than I was expecting to! It had a steady pace, overall interesting characters, a few cliches (which I don't mind whatsoever), and good writing. (My review coming soon!)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts By Annette Marie - Everything about this novel was beautiful and I still didn't want it to end! I want more books from Robin and Zalas' point of view. I want an update on how they're doing 10 years from when this book ended. I just want more. Can you tell I'm desperate yet? (My review coming soon!)
  • Shadow's Lyric By C. A. Worley - I liked the world the author started building in this series. I enjoyed all the new concepts that were introduced (speaking of a glossary of terms would have really done this book some good). The secondary characters were memorable and made the story that much better. (My review coming soon!)
| eARC | Audio BookeBook |
  • Inception By Bianca Scardoni - Why did I do this to myself?! This is what I get for marking this book as a 'DNF' back in 2018 and not noteing why I did it in the first place. (My Review Rant is Live Here!) 
  • Reclaimed By Jaymin Eve - Even though I took my sweet sweet time reading this book and dragged my feet as long as I could I loved this book so much. (My review coming soon!)

Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In February

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

23rd

(Audio Book!)


Here's What Happened On
This Blog In January

I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...