If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 4, 2021

Audio Book Review: A Kingdom Of Flesh And Fire By Jennifer L. Armentrout

A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire
(Blood and Ash #2)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout


Narrator: Stina Nielsen
Length: 24 hrs and 21 mins

A Betrayal…

Everything Poppy has ever believed in is a lie, including the man she was falling in love with. Thrust among those who see her as a symbol of a monstrous kingdom, she barely knows who she is without the veil of the Maiden. But what she does know is that nothing is as dangerous to her as him. The Dark One. The Prince of Atlantia. He wants her to fight him, and that’s one order she’s more than happy to obey. He may have taken her, but he will never have her.

A Choice...

Casteel Da’Neer is known by many names and many faces. His lies are as seductive as his touch. His truths as sensual as his bite. Poppy knows better than to trust him. He needs her alive, healthy, and whole to achieve his goals. But he’s the only way for her to get what she wants—to find her brother Ian and see for herself if he has become a soulless Ascended. Working with Casteel instead of against him presents its own risks. He still tempts her with every breath, offering up all she’s ever wanted. Casteel has plans for her. Ones that could expose her to unimaginable pleasure and unfathomable pain. Plans that will force her to look beyond everything she thought she knew about herself—about him. Plans that could bind their lives together in unexpected ways that neither kingdom is prepared for. And she’s far too reckless, too hungry, to resist the temptation.

A Secret…

But unrest has grown in Atlantia as they await the return of their Prince. Whispers of war have become stronger, and Poppy is at the very heart of it all. The King wants to use her to send a message. The Descenters want her dead. The wolven are growing more unpredictable. And as her abilities to feel pain and emotion begin to grow and strengthen, the Atlantians start to fear her. Dark secrets are at play, ones steeped in the blood-drenched sins of two kingdoms that would do anything to keep the truth hidden. But when the earth begins to shake, and the skies start to bleed, it may already be too late.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

Re-Read On February 2022: I'm so invested in this series again that I finished this book jumped directly into the next and completely forgot to write an update. For the record, I'm still very angry with myself for starting this reread so early. It's looking like I may finish reading this series a full 5 days before the next book releases. I hate it here 🙃 Yes, this series is still awesome. I'm having a great time watching the author torture all these characters for fun. Thank you for asking!
_________________________

Re-Read On April 2021: Just as good the second time around! URGH. I'm just angry that I miscalculated the time it would take to re-read this series so far because now I still have 12 days to wait for the next book! Is there a Cliffhangers Anonymous™ group because I need to cry and share my feelings about this with someone! 😭
_________________________

I took my sweet sweet time with the audio book and I adored every minute of it! This book lived up to the sky-high expectations the first book set and so much more! The ending shouldn't have been the ending! I need more from this story and this cast of characters! April 2021 is going to feel like an eternity! 

Very few books make me fall in love with the characters and the story quite like these books have! All the characters are so complex and vivid. I've loved getting to discover their stories right along with them through these books. I need the next book because I need to know what happens next!

I'm still not sure whether or not there is a love triangle in this book. I know the author has promotional material and shirts with Team Kieren and Team Cas but I don't see them like that. I like Cas for Poppy. They make an incredibly bloodthirsty team! Kieren is a great character but I would like to see him get his own story in the future.

The ending ruined me! It was brutal and scary and everything else you can imagine. I loved it! I just hated that the book had to end at that exact moment. Fingers crossed that the audio book comes out with the paperback/kindle release in April 2021!

The Audio Book:

The narration was good but there were 2 male character voices that had me climbing up a wall. I could hear mouth noises every time the narrator spoke as them and it distracted me from the story I was getting lost in.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great review, Mikky. The rest of the year's reading has a lot to live up to. Glad that the narration performance didn't distract enough to effect your enjoyment of the story.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora! Book #3 is coming in April so I don't have to wait that long for my next amazing read! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...