If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 14, 2020

Book Review: Beginnings By Karen Tomlinson

Beginnings
(Shadow Sentinels #0.5)
By Karen Tomlinson

Redemption must be earned…or lose your soul forever.

Does fate like to give you the finger?

I thought killing my family once would be enough for her but no, now she has plans for my new family—and me.

All I want is to find my place in this world. Though becoming a trainee agent at the Supernatural Bureau of Investigation is not my ultimate goal. Especially when Connor is their top operative. Connor is no longer the boy I grew up with, he is a tough, arrogant and gorgeous man, who kisses me and then leaves me standing, not only that, but he disappears—completely.

The SBI say he’s dead.

I say powerful alpha wolf-shifters like him don’t die easily. But fate didn’t just teach me that life is fragile, she also taught me that once you die there is another life. Or at least there is for me…

Her other advice?
That those who wrong me pay. And they will…No matter how many times I die, vengeance is mine.

Get it now.

Welcome to the first book in the Shadow Sentinels paranormal romance world. If you love J R Ward, K. F. Breene, Patricia Briggs and Dannika Dark you’ll fall right into this exciting and addictive supernatural ride~prepare to have your heart wrecked and your morals ruined.

*This series is for 18+ readers only. Please only read if you enjoy kick-ass heroines, sexy alphas, love hot and sexy scenes, have no issues with bad language, and adore a good supernatural romp with all the usual suspects! If you do then dive in and hold onto your knickers (I’m British!) or any other item of clothing. You’re in for a ride!

Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

This book has sat on my TBR pile since it was announced. I'm even more ashamed to say that it took the official first book releasing (this is a prequel) and me accidentally reading the synopsis to that thinking that it was a new-to-me series/author to get me intrigued enough to pick this one up. I'm still SO dang glad I finally gave this book a chance!

Ember was one kick*ss of a heroine! Even though she had a rough past she's grown into herself thanks to the family that rescued her. Up to this point in her life working for the SBI (Supernatural Bureau Of Investigation) was her main goal but then everything she thought she knew gets turned upside down and things go haywire. It's in the midst of all that that this book leaves off. It leaves you with just enough to get you to want the next book!

Connor seemed like an honorable and honest guy, though that doesn't mean he makes good decisions. Considering he knew what he meant to Ember and what Ember meant to him, he then decides to get as far away from her as possible with his job at the SBI. Then there's the whole conspiracy thing that the powers-that-be targeted him for and it just keeps getting worse. I said he was honorable and honest but I never said he was smart. 

This book had me on the edge of my seat and after that ending I just wanted to rage! I'm glad I "planned" this out so well because the next book is already out! 

My Favorite Quotes:

"It gave me purpose; to be the strongest, fastest and most vicious version of me that I could possibly be."

"Life was fluid, forever changing, and when it turned to sh*t again, I'd fight my way through the sludge and move on to my next new beginning."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...