If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 5, 2022

Book Review: Shadow Bloodlines By A. R. Cooper

Shadow Bloodlines
(Shadow Bloodlines #1)
By A. R. Cooper

I didn’t know I was a shifter until the hunters found me…

When eighteen-year-old Beth receives a mysterious text from her deadbeat father not to go to school, why should she listen to him now? But when strangers show up in one of her classes hunting her and wanting her dead, she must uncover the truth about why and what exactly she is.

Amar has been entombed in stone for centuries. He longs for freedom and only the blood of a shifter will set him free. After centuries frozen as a gargoyle, he doubts there are many of his kind left. Yet, Beth rescues him and more than his responsibility to protect her fills him. He must choose between duty and love.

Before the race of hunters capture her, Beth and Amar must find her shifter dad in order to save all their lives.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| AmazonB&N |

My Review:

This book had so much potential! The mythology the author introduced could have made for a fantastic and refreshing story but instead, fell short with an annoying heroine who everyone insists on keeping in the dark.

Beth started off being somewhat of an interesting character. She managed to evade the bad guys all by herself in the beginning but things only spiraled and got worse from there. After that, it was dumb decision after idiotic storming off when she was on the verge of finally getting answers. It was so frustrating by the end that I lost interest in the story altogether.

Amar was a really cool character though his only purpose was to save Beth from all the trouble that came after her or that she inadvertently caused by storming off without a care in the world. If Beth wasn't so infuriating I would reconsider reading the sequel just to see if Amar finally has a happy ending.

I didn't see that ending coming but I'm not surprised. I would have loved for it to have had a bigger impact but we barely knew the guy's background and what would justify or not justify his supposed actions. From the reviews I've read for book #2 in this series, I think I'll pass on it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...