If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 12, 2022

Audio Book Review: Savage Urges By Suzanne Wright

Savage Urges
(The Phoenix Pack #5)
By Suzanne Wright

Length: 10 hours and 44 minutes
Narrated By: Jill Redfield

She’s a lone wolf with a cause.

As a volunteer at a shelter for lone shifters—the same one that rescued her—Makenna Wray has dedicated her life to finding homes for its residents. And when she discovers that a teen in her care is related to Ryan Conner, the broody, handsome-as-sin enforcer of the Phoenix Pack, she’s eager to help connect the two. She just wasn’t prepared to feel a connection of her own.

Lone wolves are loners for a reason—and most of them bad. Or so Ryan assumes until he meets the mysterious Makenna. Quirky and sensual, she seems to enjoy riling him, especially when she refuses to discuss her past. Although there is no mating bond, he’s sure she’s the one. All he has to do is be patient and wait. But when another pack’s sinister Alpha comes sniffing around, threatening Makenna and her shelter, this enforcer is ready to let his wolf off the leash…
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Something about this book didn't do it for me. For starters, the whole book is the synopsis, which I don't appreciate. The way the author plotted out the story ended up with the couple's storyline getting resolved with an hour and a half of the book to go (which proved to be action-packed but pointless because I just didn't care enough to want to know more). I finished it but the last hour or so was like pulling teeth.

Makenna was a sassy and sarcastic beauty! I loved her spunk and how she took no prisoners. She stood up for what she believed in and didn't let anyone boss her around, while still maintaining her common sense and not taking unnecessary risks. She was the ultimate match for Ryan and it made the story very entertaining overall.

Ryan was a man of few words. He mostly communicates in grunts that only Makenna can decipher. He could be a bit too controlling and domineering at times which rubbed me the wrong way. He wasn't much of an interesting character when compared to the bright light that was Makenna's sense of humor.

Even though I think I read somewhere (or maybe I assumed... you know what happens when you do that) that these novels could be read as a standalone, I found myself very lost in the secondary characters. Most weren't really present, they were just there. They were a blur and I can't, for the life of me, remember a single name. Had I read this series in order that would probably be a different story. So that one was my bad!

The Audio Book:

The narrator was awesome! She may not have a very big range in both male and female tones of voices but her enthusiasm and her ability to convey emotion throughout her reading makes up for that and so much more! I would definitely recommend this narration and I would love to check out more novels narrated by Jill Redfield in the future!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...