If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, October 26, 2020

Book Review: Capture By Heather Renee

Capture
(Elite Supernatural Trackers #2)
By Heather Renee

One final task to complete before they're released, but what price will it come with?

I never would have predicted I'd still be stuck in Mandora Supernatural Prison for as long as I have been, but I refuse to give up hope. No matter how long it takes, I'll find a way out from under the warden's twisted rule. More importantly, I'll do it the right way because a life on the run isn't one I'm after.

With the Fabled Four at my back and my feisty fairy sidekick on my shoulder, I won't stop until we're all released from the hell we've been stuck in. But with tensions high, escape isn't as easy as it sounds while we hunt down those the warden wants.

It will take all the power I can acquire, and for our group to finally work as a team, in order for us to come out on top, but just when victory in our sights, we realize not everything is as it seems.

*Please note, this is not a Reverse Harem book*
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

The few months between this book and the first book being released didn't do me or this book any favors. If I was confused and frustrated with the names switching around in the first book, it was almost impossible to follow in this book. It's made worse because the characters refer to each other using both names interchangeably in the span of a sentence of two. It made for quite a few confusing conversations until I got in the groove again.

On a positive note, being in Cara's head this time around was less annoying. Though she did still make a big stupid decision at least she didn't end up dead. So silver linings and all that! I like how the progression of her powers is slow and steady with a few sporadic uses here and there due to her lack of control and training. 

Cara's thing with Hawk is meh for me. It kind of feels forced but maybe that's just me projecting my dislike of grunting alpha-holes mistreating the heroine for no apparent reason. He isn't my favorite of the Fabled Four. Heck, I don't know if I even have a favorite considering how I was focusing so hard on keeping their names right that their personalities just blurred into one big mystery blob for me.

The plot is moving at a steady pace so far! I'm still very much intrigued about Cara's family history and how she plays into the war that's almost breaking out. There were some revelations at the end of this book but there are still way too many questions to be answered. Considering how much I liked this author's writing style I do intend to read the next book in this series.

My Favorite Quote:

"You are worthy of love and respect. You are everything your family never gave you credit for, and it's their loss, not yours."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...