If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Monthly Recap: January 2020


January!

The year is off to a fantastic start book-wise! I think I haven't read this much in a month in a long, long time! I also binged the Witcher and I'm now a stan for Henry Cavill. I'm starting Season 3 of The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina and I'm dodging spoilers on twitter like they're landmines. So I beg you, no spoilers in the comments! 

I've also stalled halfway through Season 2 of Outlander. I can't get over how Cap. Randall just doesn't die and stay dead. I'm getting to the point of frustration where I'm almost breaking down and asking someone who has watched it when he dies and stays dead just so I can have some peace of mind for poor Jaime. 

In other news, I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year!
May this year treat us better than years past!
See you next month!

Books I Read & Listened
To In January

| Audio Book | ComicComic |
  • Domino Vol. 1: Killer Instinct - Everything was concise and to the point without being rushed. The art style is amazingly well detailed and drawn. I wish I had half the talent these illustrators have! (My review is live here!)
| Comic | eBook | eBook |
  • Magic in Light By Krista Street - This book was a nice breath of fresh air! The world-building was good and I have a feeling that it's going to become more and more prominent as the series progresses. (My review coming soon!)
  • Craved By Her Cougar By Felicity Heaton - Overall, I wasn't a fan of this book. As long as I remember this book I'll be hesitant to pick up any other books by this author. (My review coming soon!)
| ComicAudio Book | eBook |
  • Witchblade (2017) #17 - The story is still interesting and keeping my attention from the beginning. This issue was one of the few that didn't feel like I was being rushed through the story. (My review is live here)
  • Hissy Fit By Lani Lynn Vale - This author's books are usually a hit or miss for me. I've read a few sample previews on amazon on her past few books and most don't keep my attention after the synopsis grabbed my eye. (My review coming soon!)
| Audio Book | eBook | Audio Book |
  • Hush, Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick - This is the second time I'm reading this book and I just figured out that my 14-year-old self had very questionable taste in books. (My review coming soon!)
  • Initiation By Heather Renee - The writing and plotting were fantastic! The overall flow of the novel was steady and engaging.  (My review coming soon!)
| eBook |
  • Lock And Key By Evangeline Anderson - This book was a journey that started out frustrating and ended with a bang! I'm so glad I pushed through because I would have missed out on a fantastic story. (My review will be live here on Feb. 3)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In February

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

4th

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble |
Audio Book |


21st


25th




Here's What Happened On
This Blog In January

I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

I rambled on about the following topics:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading The Guild Codex: Spellbound this month. I've read the first two books and really enjoyed them.
    I am a big fan of Felicity Heaton's books but I had to admit that the Cougar Creek series wasn't one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! Be sure to check out the suggested reading over on Annette Marie's website so you can read the sister series as well! I think this was my first Felicity Heaton book and I wasn't impressed. I'll have to read the synopsis of her other books and see if something catches my attention ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...