If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, October 7, 2019

Book Review: Immortal Oath By Corinne O'Flynn

Immortal Oath
(Vampire Mates)
By Corinne O'Flynn

No one ever said true love was convenient.

The destruction of my coven and the bloodbath of vengeance that followed put me on the radar of every vampire hunter in Europe. Now I find myself in Las Vegas, Nevada where vampires roam among humans and the dark side never sleeps.

I feel her before I see her—Penelope is my mate, the one who makes my heart beat after centuries of stillness. But taking her means making even more enemies… just as the hunters are closing in.

On the run is no place to fall in love, but tell that to my beating heart.

Are you willing to taste immortality?

Come with us and let our vampires glamour you into a world full of dangerous magic, toe-curling heat, and a love to last forever.

The Vampire Mates series by the Midnight Coven contains thirteen tales penned by your favorite best-selling paranormal romance authors.

Each novella can be read as a complete standalone, but of course, we hope you’ll bite into them all.

With our Vampire Mates at your side, immortality is sexy AF.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

Unfortunately, I disliked this book very much. I wouldn't recommend it. I've been having a lukewarm reaction to most of the books from the Vampire Brides/Vampire Mates "seasons" by the Midnight Coven. As much as I love the idea of it this one, in particular, didn't work for me. This one made all those books seem amazing in comparison, which is a hard feat in and of its self.

Penelope was very wishy-washy. She started off being set in her ways but would change her mind within a few pages. It didn't make sense for the character the author was trying to create. If she wanted to have a strong female who had her own thoughts and lead the story herself, she started off on the right track but took a strong left somewhere along the way and never looked back.

Harry was an okay guy. He respected her decisions and went along with whatever she wanted to do even if he disagreed with her and tried to convince her otherwise.

This story started off great but became a rushed blob of a plot where skipping around in time to make things happen even faster quickly became the norm. The problems almost solved themselves at one point. If I considered the other books in this "series" fast this novel was set at lightning speed. 

My Favorite Quotes:

"From what I know, fate usually gets it right."

"[...] Humans are the only thing that keeps immortality interesting."

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Horses for courses I suppose, I'm sure there are readers out there who buy these books. I'm actually surprised that you've continued with the series, Mikky as it's seemed to frustrate rather than excite you.
    I hope your next read is a great one.
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! There are people who adore these types of stories and that's okay too. It's just not for me. I think I ended up giving these multiple tries because I like the idea of what this group of authors are building out so much that I want to like and support it. I keep wanting it to be better but then it just leaves me hanging :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...