If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 30, 2019

Book Review: Immortal Promise By Kim Loraine

Immortal Promise
(Vampire Mates)
By Kim Loraine

It happened without warning. My vampire heart began beating as her human one stilled and she slipped away. I didn't know her, but everything in me demanded I save her.

She was my mate. I couldn't let her go. So, I turned her rather than let her die, and we've been fighting ever since.

They say love-at-first-sight is magic. But what happens when the one you're bound to for eternity wants nothing to do with you?

Claire is nothing like the woman I thought would be my match. Now to convince her she belongs with me before she ends up killing us both.

Are you willing to taste immortality?

Come with us and let our vampires glamour you into a world full of dangerous magic, toe-curling heat, and a love to last forever.

The Vampire Mates series by the Midnight Coven contains thirteen tales penned by your favorite best-selling paranormal romance authors.

Each novella can be read as a complete standalone, but of course, we hope you’ll bite into them all.

With our Vampire Mates at your side, immortality is sexy AF.

A STANDALONE Vampire Romance
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

I loved what the author did with this story! She picked up on a character she introduced in her first story with the first season of the Midnight Coven and incorporated a character from a series she recently started releasing. It's such a smart way to captivate a reader and I really appreciate the thought behind it!

Claire was something alright. She was a little too quick to place blame (even though Brandt wasn't at fault for what started all this) and seemed to fall apart when things were out of her control. She was also very quick to anger which put her and her mate in danger (for something that could have been avoided if she'd only listened to what Brandt had to say). I didn't really like her from the start, but she did evolve somewhat (as much as a novella-length book will allow).

Brandt was interesting too. He seemed to be caring and respectful one minute and then turn into a caveman ready to pee a circle around Claire in the next minute. He also grew on me as time went on and he was more patient with Clarie than I would have been if I were in his shoes.

As much as I enjoyed this story I still dislike how short it was. It made everything feel rushed and the conflict was resolved very quickly and relatively easily. The ending was sweet though. I bet this author has a few more tricks up her sleeve to expand on the universe she created with her latest vampire novels!

My Favorite Quotes:

"Everything you do is about control. But you can't win against our connection."

"There wasn't any going back from the moment we met."


"Nothing worth having is ever easy."


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...