If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 17, 2019

Audio Book Review: Sin & Salvation By K. F. Breene

Sin & Salvation
(Demigod of San Francisco #3)
By K. F. Breene

Narrated By: Khristine Hvam
Length: 10 hours
Valens has noticed his two missing employees. It won't be long before he knows who is responsible.

It won't be long before he claims his vengeance.

The race is on. Kieran and Lexi must scrape together an army worthy of taking on the Demigod of San Francisco before he destroys them all.

But Valens isn't Lexi's only problem. Mordecai's rapid recovery has been noticed, and he has once again become a threat to his old pack.

Lexi's little family is in jeopardy of being torn apart, and to save them...she must finally embrace what it means to be a Soul Stealer.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I don't know what I was expecting but this novel ended up surprising me in a good way and in a bad way. Everything felt rushed and that's coming from someone who has DNFed quite a few series by this author because the writing was too descriptive and the plot very slow-moving. 

Lexi was entertaining in this book, I'll give her that, but that's about it. Her sense of humor is great and her protective nature toward her wards is so sweet to see but I still have a problem with the amount of power she can wield with, what still seems to be, minimal training, up to this point. Her relationship with Kieran is interesting with all the power and bonding thing they have going on.

Kieran seems to trust Lexi more and I actually started to like him better in this book. He's still protective of her but now he knows that she can somewhat take care of herself. I liked how he backed off and let her breathe on her own.

The ending was interesting! The big battle is what the past two books have been gearing up for and it was action-packed. I'd like to see what the next big-bad is and how they're going to solve it in future novels in the series and deal with their relationship at the same time.

The Audio Book:

The audio book was OK. I can only listen to Khristine Hvam while sped up to 1.25x. Her narration is good but I like to set a faster pace for authors that I know have naturally descriptive writing. She has a nice range of male and female voices with and without accents.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...