If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 25, 2019

Book Review: Ruthless By Sybil Bartel

Ruthless
(Alpha Bodyguard #4)
By Sybil Bartel

Bodyguard.

Protector.

Security Detail.

I wasn't supposed to join the Marines and serve three tours. I'd been groomed to be another kind of warrior. Since I could walk, I'd been primed to take over the family business. Build the real estate empire bigger, ruthlessly fight my way to the top—make everyone richer.

Instead, I'd enlisted. Wanting to protect my country, not a bank account, I'd turned my back on the family business and gave the Marines eight years. Now I was a bodyguard for the best personal security firm in the business, and life was perfectly uncomplicated... Until an innocent redhead smiled at me and destroyed everything.

Now she was about to find out how ruthless a bodyguard could be.

*RUTHLESS is the fourth standalone book in the Alpha Bodyguard Series.

The Alpha Bodyguard Series

SCANDALOUS – Tank's story
MERCILESS – Collins's story
RECKLESS – Tyler's story
RUTHLESS – Sawyer's story
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

The author's writing style does so much for her stories! I can't put my finger on what it is but it has a way of sucking me into a story and making it so enjoyable!

We met Genevieve in the Reckless novel and I was intrigued by her. She's very clumsy and rambles when she gets nervous (which is all the time). She's rather anxious because she seems to be grasping for control in most aspects of her life. I liked how when her temper would arise she would call out Sawyer on his BS. Though she should win a prize because her clumsiness and lack of luck got her into so much trouble, it's unreal!

Sawyer, on the other hand, is her opposite in most ways. He's stoic, needs control to function and doesn't like talking all that much, but he did have a sweet side that would come out here and there. Being very anxious myself I don't see how his controlling nature would help/do anything for her. They have a weird dynamic love-wise that shouldn't go together but it does anyway. 

I gave up mentioning this a few books ago with this author but I liked that the hero was finally responsible enough to bring up protection and the pill. Even though the discussion was rapid-fire at best there was at least a mention of it.

This was one of the more action-packed novels in this series and I enjoyed it a lot! Sybil is getting better and better with every book she writes and I can't wait to see where she goes from here.

My Favorite Quotes:

"We get what we deserve. Remember that."


"She'd waged and won. Still standing, no training, no military support at her back, no family, no money, she'd navigated her own war zone and come out alive."


"Every second around you is a precipice I don't know how to navigate."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...