If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 12, 2018

Book Review: Merciless By Sybil Bartel

Merciless
(Alpha Bodyguard #2)
By Sybil Bartel

Bodyguard.

Mercenary.

Gun for hire.

I didn’t care what you called it, the end result was always the same.

You paid me for a job, you got results. The Marines trained me to shoot, but life taught me to aim. Working for the best personal security firm in the business was a stepping stone. Put in my time, build the resume, then move on. I didn’t do attachments, on any level.

Until a smoking-hot former one-night stand crossed the street in front of me, holding hands with a kid who was my spitting image. She tried to play it off, deny he was mine. She said she didn’t even remember me, right before she picked her kid up and ran. She thought she’d made a clean escape.

But she was about to find out how merciless a bodyguard could be.

*MERCILESS is the second standalone book in the Alpha Bodyguard Series.

The Alpha Bodyguard Series:

SCANDALOUS – Tank’s story
MERCILESS – Collins’s story
RECKLESS – Tyler’s story
RUTHLESS – Sawyer’s story
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

This was such a good book! I loved seeing characters from this author's other novels coming together to help out a fellow comrade. I like seeing the family dynamic all these grown men have with men they served with in the military.

I adore Collins. He's a perfect balance of the so-called "alpha" trope and being a respectful human being. He doesn't cross the line from "alpha" into jack*ss, which I am eternally grateful to the author for. I liked how he pushed when something was dire but respected her wishes to not talk about something when it was irrelevant to any situation. 

Brooke rubbed me to wrong way in so many instances throughout this novel. I understand the abuse victim mentality and it was portrayed well in this novel (as far as I can tell) but boy! was is annoying to have to read through it. I can respect someone running away after being offered help from a complete stranger who happens to be a huge muscled man who kind-of-but-not-really stalks you after the person you're truly running away from finds you. I know I'm asking too much but half the story wouldn't have had to happen had she accepted/asked for help from the beginning.

The ending was what I was expecting with a few twists that I didn't see coming. I liked how things got resolved. I liked seeing both Collins and Brooke happy for once. I loved seeing Neil from a different perspective. I can't wait to see what the next story in this series is going to be!

My Favorite Quotes:

"Make peace or die. [...] Fear serves a purpose. Panic doesn't."

"This isn't an obligation, duty or pity. You don't get to glorify what I am."

"If you're in trouble, I'm always an option for you."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...