If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 16, 2018

Audio Book Review: Destined for an Early Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Destined for an Early Grave
(Night Huntress #4)
By Jeaniene Frost

Narrated By: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 9 hours and 33 minutes

Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review - all links will be live within a few weeks of each other)



My Review:

If I had to rank this particular story within this series, it'd probably be in the top 2. This is one of the more intense plotlines to this series. Even though this was a reread I was still on the edge of my seat throughout the book. 

I like Cat a little more as this series progresses. I adore how feisty and sarcastic she can be. She also doesn't take anyone's crap, but she does know when to take no for an answer. She understands that she may not win every battle, but she will, eventually, win the war.

Bones almost became an a**hole in this book. I was ready to cut ties if everything proved to be true. I'm glad it didn't (considering that I didn't remember much of what would happen). Though he can be overprotective and domineering, I can understand where he's coming from.

The ending had my heart beating faster than usual and my blood pressure rising. It was a very good conclusion to an amazing story. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was great with an exception that shouldn't come as a surprise to you (if you've read my other reviews of this series): Bones' voice. Just because I got used to it doesn't mean I like it. 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...