If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Nine Movies I Adore

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Every book I read takes place in a different country than where I'm located (Brazil) so this weeks theme (Books That Take Place In Another Country) would be pointless for me. So I'll be doing a past Top Ten Tuesday theme this week:

This Week's Topic:
Nine Movies I Adore

1. The Matrix Trilogy
The first time I watched the trilogy I had an existential crisis that lasted months. These movies really make you think. What surprised me was that the first movie came out before the year 2000 and the special effects still hold up to this day. They aren’t perfect, but if you aren’t a special effects fanatic it’ll probably go right over your head (like it did mine). This is my all-time favorite movie trilogy.
| IMDb |


2. Gone Girl
I loved how manipulative and cutthroat the main character is. I discovered this movie a year or two ago and I don’t know why I didn’t watch this sooner. I love the twisted lies this movie weaves and I would love to see a sequel.
| IMDb |

3. Batman: The Dark Knight
This was probably one of the first superhero movies I saw that I liked. That’s probably why it’s ranked so high to me when compared to other superhero movies. I hate Christen Bale’s Batman voice, but I do enjoy the overall story. The joker was incredibly psychotic and it came off very realistic in the movie.
| IMDb |
4. White Chicks
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched this movie. I love the humor, innuendos and all.
| IMDb |


5. The Invention Of Lying
This was a very fascinating story about how the first lie was ever told and how it caught on. Being 100% honest all the time would be horrendous. No one wants to know every bad thing you’re thinking about them or how you’re actually feeling after being asked “How are you today?”.
| IMDb |

6. Southpaw
This is a heartbreaking story that has some dire consequences to desperate actions. I know there are better fighter movies out there, but this one just speaks to me. I also love the Eminem songs featured in the movie.
| IMDb |

7. The Book Thief
The idea of Death telling a story about a girl who happened to steal books brings up all the feels in me. It’s a sad, yet sweet story.
| IMDb |

8. Deadpool
Love. This. The raunchy humor with Ryan Reynolds as the lead, count me in.
| IMDb |

9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
This is one of the few superhero movies that I still like. The love the story and the actor is so nice to look at.
| IMDb |

What movies do you LOVE?
Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I hardly watch any movies, but since some of these are older, I have actually seen a few of them. I was pleased with Gone Girl. It was a pretty good adaptation and I thought the way they worked around the format was well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these are older movies. You can also say that I'm not up with the times in movie releases. I'm trying to get better at it this year by keep a check list of movies in order of release dates so I can make it a point to watch them. I watched the Gone Girl movie before I knew it was based on a book. I don't know if I want to pit the movie against the book considering how much I liked it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...