If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Five Books I'm Thankful For

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish

This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA!

* Book titles are either linked to my review or Goodreads. 


These books are the books that I can credit for making me love reading. These were the first books, outside of school obligated reads, that I picked up because I made the choice to. It's what got me started with middle grade mystery and horror books for a good chunk of my life. I will forever be grateful for the love they fostered in me as a child.

This series is responsible for my love of vampires and everything paranormal to this day. Before I read this series I had no idea the genre even existed. Up to that point, I only read middle grade mystery and I was halfway through my teens. I'm grateful for the day I finally decided I was going to figure out what all the hype was about because it opened me up to find so many other books. I know that this isn't the best vampire book out in the world and, trust me when I say, I've read much worse books. At the end of the day, this series is what kickstarted my love for paranormal books and for that I'll be eternally thankful.


If I thought I had cried during other books, I was sorely mistaken. This book ripped my heart apart and it showed me how hard I can actually cry for a book. This is the saddest book I've read in my whole life and I don't think I ever want to encounter a book that's "worse" than this in that aspect. This book has earned my respect, but I never want to go through that again. Though I am thankful I got to experience all that in a book.

This series made my expectations for romance novels so much higher. As sad and heartwrenching as these novels are, they are a work of art that I've reread at least twice. This author knows how to weave a story and make you regret not setting enough time aside to read this all in one sitting.

This book has so many realistic and eye-opening life advice without being judge-y. This is the first and, up to this point, the only self-help book that I've read that doesn't come off as preachy. This helped me realize so many things and I respect the h*ll out of this author for it.

What books are you thankful for?
Let's discuss in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...