If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 7, 2016

My Ramblings: Halloween - Then Vs. Now

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Halloween: Then Vs. Now

I lived quite a few years in the United States when I was younger and other than Christmas, Halloween was my FAVORITE day of the year. I adored dressing up. Looking back now I don't know why I didn't put all that much effort into my costumes, but that's a discussion for another time. 

The reason I adored Halloween was all the free candy I could look forward to getting because let's be serious, what parent buys the equivalent of five pumpkins worth of candy all at once? Certainly not mine. The streets near my house at the time would fill up with parents and kids all going 'trick or treating'. Most times I even found myself getting to know neighbors I never even knew existed and actually making new friends. 

At twelve years old I found myself back in Brazil and I had a culture clash. In Brazil, Halloween is just another day of the year. In my small town, no one has the habit of dressing up like a vampire or a witch and going door to door screaming for candy. As a kid, it was a very big disappointment, but as an adult I understand that it's not in the culture here and I can't really throw a temper tantrum and get my way, even if it is for just one day of the year. 

Today I'm twenty years old and if the opportunity ever arises I do still plan to dress up and go 'trick or treating'. My excuse will always be that I'm making up for all the lost time that I couldn't go make a fool of myself dressed up as a fictional character.

Do you still go 'Trick Or Treating'?
What are you planning to dress up as this Hallows Eve?
Tell me in the comments below!

* Spider Web Effect Credit to Ninja Ryo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...