If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Saturday, July 5, 2014

My Ramblings: Audio Books, Audio Books and Even More Audio Books!

Hiya My Little Predators!!


I just realized I have a few days to fill because I never scheduled anything =/

I really need to start being more strategic when it comes to planning my blog calendar next time...

Anyway while I don't learn my lesson (since this is probably going to happen A LOT) I've decided I wanted to write up one of these again. Last time I wrote one was a few months/weeks ago when I went through a 'Supernatural' phase. I couldn't even read for a while there. Glad there's over, but then again the next season of 'Supernatural' starts to air in October (T_T) so I have A LOT of time to kill (when I'm not studying, reading and going to drivers ed). So at the end of the day I have probably 2-3 hours to myself. 

That's how I discovered Audio Books!

Yes. 
You guessed it right. 
That's my NEW addiction!

My life has been revolving around audio books for the past few weeks, even since I first listened to The Fault In Our Stars By John Green. I really took a liking to them. My logic is the following: If I can't dedicate myself/enough energy to READING the book, I can certainly dedicate myself to LISTENING to it. That's the ONLY way I got through TFIOS. 

Ever since then I've been avidly re-reading books I first read when I was 13-14 years old and it's been an awesome experience. The only problem I've been having is with book quotes. As a reviewer I like adding in quotes from the book that describe a certain character or an (to me) impactive quote. I still haven't discovered a way to make that possible with audio books. 

With eBooks all I need to do is highlight. With paperbacks or hardcovers I usually use a sticky note next to the sentence I like (since I WILL NOT under ANY circumstance damage MY books). Let me point out that I do my listening at night while almost sleeping, so I'm probably not going to be rational enough to get up, get a paper and playback the audio book and start copying what I'm hearing.

So that's it for now!! C:

If anyone has any ideas on how to get quotes in audio books please, please, PLEASE let me know in the comments below or just let me know if you rotate between addictions like me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...