If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Audio Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars By John Green

The Fault In Our Stars 
By John Green



Type: Audio Book
Length: 7 Hours and 14 Minutes
Published: January 10th 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books 
ISBN: 0525478817 
ISBN13: 9780525478812




Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Audible |

My Review:

I promised myself that I would find time and a way to read this book BEFORE the movie released. I did this because I watched Divergent and DIDN'T read the book first and I still hate myself for that. I knew that this type of book just wasn't my first choice to actually read so I went ahead and got the Audio Book. My logic was: If I can't stand to READ it, I can stand to LISTEN to it C;

I loved Hazel's voice, not the woman who was reading, but how the character thought and considered her actions. She sounded more like an adult (especially with the big words she threw around so effortlessly), then the 16 year old the author made her out to be. 

Gus was Gus. He was kind, sweet, thoughtful, and wanted to give Hazel the best of her days. Though, since Karma is a bitch, it was actually the opposite that happened. I can't really go into much because it's such a big spoiler.

Hazel and Gus's love was so pure and sweet. Your heart broke, from the beginning for them, because you knew they had a shorter infinitely, then the rest of us. If you consider it, the relationship was hopeless from the beginning. I'm tearing up while writing this, but, MY GOD, this touched my heart...

I HATED that ending. I believe that EVERY character I read about has to have an end. Be it dead, with a family, or just plain suffering in a hospital bed for eternity. I will never get an end for Hazel and (if you read the book) you'll know how ironic it is because it's the same dream that Gus tried to fulfill for Hazel.

Final Conclusion: You start out the story thinking it'll go one way, but you get the rug pulled out from under you by the last third of the novel and boy, was I breathless when that happened.

Audio Book Review:
I loved the woman's voice for this (Her name is: Kate Rudd). I found it cute that she actually made an effort to change the severity/tone of her voice for me to actually realize that it's another character talking and not just Hazel day dreaming.

Favorite Quotes:

No quotes this time! I actually listened to this at night so even if I wanted to burn my retinas and write down the quotes I was just TOO lazy to preform the act C;

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...