If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, November 1, 2013

Book Tour: Reality By Dani Hart

**Book Tour**

Reality
(The Life of Arie #1)
By Dani Hart


I am Arie Belle and up until my mother’s unexpected and mysterious death my life had been pretty simple, but then things became dark and, at times, hopeless. Even my uncanny ability to communicate with nature had turned its back on me. My only saving grace is my lifetime friendship with the boy next door, River, whom I had always thought of as my soul mate up until my eighteenth birthday when everything seemed to change.

My body tingles with heightened sensations and my emotions veer out of control. They are further tested when Ashe, a beautiful stranger with a powerful draw, enters my life and challenges my heart and soul. Amidst the rush of feelings after years of numbness, my true destiny slowly unravels and my journey to find out what I am, to find my mother’s killer, and stop my own death becomes a frantic rush before the next full moon.

This powerful story encaptures the true meaning of love and the dark corners of life that can either suck you in or save you.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
B&N | Kobo | Smashwords |

My Review:

* Free eCopy was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

Let the ranting begin C:

I really, really, really wanted to like this book. I tried so hard! But it just wasn't for me. Even I can't explain why I started getting annoyed at the end. I stopped around Chapter 21 and even before that I was skimming, A LOT. My original rating would have been 2 stars (I'm just not a fan of this book), BUT for originality I'll add on a star.

This book started off really depressive. I didn't really mind, but Arie was just sooo URGH! She acted like the world revolved around her, her actions were really confusing and she was a push over. Especially with the love triangle added on. One moment she's in love with the first guy, but can't stop thinking about contender #2 and vise versa. That got on my nerves, fast. She also cried A LOT. Every other page she was crying for her mother, her father, River....on and on it goes. She had these visions that would cause her to lose hours of her day and she never second guessed anyone about them. Any rational persons reaction, would be to go to the hospital and get checked out first.

I also didn't get where the love triangle came from. River was the childhood BFF. I have one of those and I could NEVER see him as more then a friend. Ashe, on the other hand, was boyfriend material and the story even hinted at something more (though I never got my answer to that....-sign-). But, Ashe, in some scenes, also acted like an insecure teenage boy around 14-15 years old and that was strange.

Starling was OK. She was the only rational female character in this book. She was Arie's backbone. She always helped her, guarded her and pushed her to be with River. That was her only misstep.

One other problem I had while reading this book was "destiny". I just HATE when the character finally starts asking the important questions and the author just gives the "it must be revealed to you when it's time". That right there just ruined the moment for me. 

Favorite Quotes:

"I wish I could live in my dreams and sleep in my reality."

"Nature speaks if you listen."

"I don't know what's real and what's a vision."

My Rating:





***
**Excerpt**

“I felt like a butterfly with broken wings, and River was trying to mend me back together. But after a butterfly’s wings are broken it was destined to live a life without flight, and fate’s destiny for me was not to fly. I would never soar above the sorrow and be free from the guilt of those surrounding me whom I would drown in pain.” ~Reality
***
Author Info:



My passion for writing started at a very young age. It started with a multitude of diaries as soon as I could write well, then poetry, then short stories. I received my BA at USC in Theatre with an unofficial minor in writing. While at USC I wrote my first screenplay and post-graduation I was hired to write another screenplay, which I did successfully.

I have since started several books, but have never had the courage or time to finish them. I missed it, but I was discouraged from my years in the industry and I was scared to go back, so I had convinced myself I was too busy and it would be a waste of time. Then I started reading again which reignited my passion for writing. I started writing a story that had been brewing inside of me over the years. The characters were slowly developing and itching to break out onto paper, so in the summer of 2011 I wrote the first two chapters.

Life got busy again and my passion was pushed aside, but then I met an amazing person who loved my story and encouraged me to start writing again. With that said, I am in a happier place now. I am fulfilling my inner desire and passion to write while raising a family and living life. Thank you so much for your support! And I hope to keep the stories coming!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...