If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Book Review: Altered By Jennifer Rush

Altered
(Altered #1)
By Jennifer Rush


Published:
January 1st 2013

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?
Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This book is amazing. It's that simple. To me, this book is perfection. There wasn't one thing I didn't like about it. It moved at a good pace, had action, drama, deceit, people getting shot and a futuristic drug that gives you all kinds of enhanced abilities. What more could I ask for?

The best part was that it reminded me of the Darkest Powers Trilogy By Kelley Armstrong. I have mentioned a few times how much I love books that feature group homes or compounds where 4-6 people that have been genetically enhanced stay to "learn" about their powers, but end up discovering that's not the truth and plan an escape. Love it!

I also love Sam. He's strong, protective and will always have your back. Could Anna ask for a better companion? Anna is up to par with Sam. She's also strong, has a backbone, understanding and has a mind that functions when around Sam (which, to me, is the MOST important). 

Nick and Cas were also great. Nick was the rebel of the bunch, but he has the past to explain it away. Cas was the funny, goofball of the group. He also never stopped eating. I wondered how he had the body that was described, since he ate anything and everything available to him. Cas's wisecrack's were funny as well.

The curveballs the plot threw at me didn't really surprise me, since this is the second time I read this book. It was still a marvelous read and I recommend it 110%. The first time around that I read it the main plot twist involving Trev felt like someone just swept my feet out from under me and didn't give me time to process what just happened. Let's just say it HURT. A LOT. Period.

Favorite Quotes:

"No matter what we'd got through, I was on his side. Always. Even if it killed me."

"You and I are the sum of a void left by the absence of someone we love."

"Yeah, well, wasn't it George Washington who said, 'Be carful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint'."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...