If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 13, 2014

Book Review: Erased By Jennifer Rush




Erased
(Altered #2)
By Jennifer Rush

Published: January 7th 2014

They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.
After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is trying to make sense of the memories resurfacing from her old life. At the same time, she's learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.

Then a figure from Anna's childhood reappears. Is it a Branch setup, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Uncertain of where her loyalties lie, Anna must fight to learn the truth -- before she is betrayed again. Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased?

Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last age is turned.
P.S. I know this is the ARC cover. I just like it better than the official cover C:

Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

OMG....
I am speechless after finishing this book. The year long wait was SOOO worth it!! So much happened and I don't think my brain has processed it yet. 

This book is nothing like the first one. The first one was all about discovering who was what and what they wanted. This one is FULL of action and people dying left and right. It was actually cool, but then when you start to process the actually number of dead people you start to question your morality and sanity. Let's just say it was disturbing...

Moving On C:

I'm pretty sure there is a love triangle being set up here. You know what? I don't like Sam anymore. He thinks he's the head honcho and EVERYONE, especially Anna HAS to obey him. Sorry to be the one to break this to you Sam, but you don't control anyone so back the f*** off.

Nick. Cue dreamy love sick music here. I loved the side of Nick that made an appearance in this novel. If I wasn't already on his team, this novel would totally make me switch sides (ahum...it did...TeeHee).

The other side of Anna presented in this novel was out of this world!! We discover so much about her past and she evolves so much, that I don't even recognize the girl I'm reading about anymore. But I say that in a good way.

I LOVED Cas's wise cracks. They were set just right to break any tension the characters were feeling at that moment and they make up most of my highlights and favorite quotes in this novel.

Favorite Quotes:

"'I'm sure she appreciates you concern, but she was breathing just fine.' Cas scrunched up his face, shrugging. 'Minor detail'."

"I offered to give you mouth to mouth, but Sam vetoed. I don't know why. I said I wouldn't use tongue."

"Slutting around. That's funny."


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...