If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Book Review: Seven Years By Dannika Dark

Seven Years
(Seven #1)
By Dannika Dark


Published: October 22nd 2013

Seven years ago, my world ended.
Seven years later, my new life began.

It's been seven years since Lexi Knight lost her brother in a tragic accident. On the anniversary of his death, her brother's best friend shows up unexpectedly - a man she hasn't seen since the funeral. He is no longer the boy Lexi once knew, but a dangerous-looking man with tattoos and dark secrets. He broke her trust and abandoned her family, yet what he reveals makes it impossible to stay angry. Lexi has been secretly infatuated with Austin since childhood, so finding out he's a Shifter just makes him sexier. Dammit.

Austin Cole has returned to the city where he grew up, and just in time. He's lived a hard life these past seven years, and the shadows of his past are threatening to destroy Lexi's family. It's time that she learned the truth about her brother, but there is a shocking twist that Austin never saw coming. Now he must protect her family when her mother and sister wind up in mortal danger. Will Lexi learn to accept the truth about who he is, and can Austin salvage a relationship from the ruins of their past?
Goodreads Button
Available At: 
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

I was really surprised by how much I loved this book. Why you ask? Well I've tried reading the Mageri Series By this author and it just didn't appeal to me. So I decided her books deserved one more chance. That was one decision that I didn't regret. I just love books that portray non-machoist wolf packs with endearing characters. 

Austin was amazing. He was caring and protective, but still had that aura of danger and all-man to him. That's hard to pull off with a character, but Mrs. Dark definitely pulled it off. 

The heroine, Lexi, was no disappointment in being his other half. She actually had a backbone when it came to dealing with Austin. She was also stubborn, understanding and never made a decision irrationally (which was a GREAT quality to see in a female character).

Austin had a lot of brothers. Most of which I don't even remember very well. The one that I do remember is because of Maizy (Lexi's little sister, who's about 6-7 years old). His name is Denver (but Maizy named him Denny, which is sooo sweet). He's the all around nice guy that chose to be Maizy's protector. When it comes to his wolf it's the complete opposite in terms of personality. His wolf is the most vicious and dangerous of the pack and it's just the sweetest thing when that same wolf goes out of his way to make sure no harm comes to Maizy.

I hope the next book(s) in this series either continues with Austin's and Lexi's story in their point of views OR each book after this one is dedicated to the (love) story of each brother and anyone else who eventually joins the pack from this point on. The second option would just be AHHHMAZING C:

Favorite Quotes:

"(...) Karma just happened to be a man names Austin Cole."

"Doesn't matter if we heal or not; some scars are beneath the skin and mark us in ways we least expect."

"Be honest; my feelings won't be hurt and I swear I won't be crying over a gallon of ice cream at two in the morning with Denver, talking about my feelings and s***."


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...