If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Childhood Favorites

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!

This post doesn't go with this week's topic because I particularly hate the beach and being in the sun. The majority of the books I read are not fluffy or cutesy summer/beach reads, so it's difficult to recommend a book in a genre that I don't typically read. So this week's topic is a few years old:

Top Ten Childhood Favorites

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.


I usually found my books in used book stores in my childhood. There wasn't a particular reason for it. My mom loved thrifting at the time and there was a wide selection of books and I couldn't pass them up. This lead me to find very old and torn up copies of this series and it just stuck. I ended up ordering most of the collection online and am proud to say that I own most of the collection in paperback.


This book holds a very vivid memory for me. It was the first book that I bought that my mom told me that I wouldn't read. I ended up proving her wrong and the book was awesome. 


I got the two books in this series from a Scholastic catalog when I was in the 5th or 6th grade. I remember laughing my butt off. It's a cute enemies turned friends story.

4. Goosebumps series in general

In the 5th or 6th grade a guy in my class got me into these books. We eventually started passing them between us (because I had a few that he didn't and vise versa). We used to have long discussions about the stories. I have very good memories of this series.


I believe this is the first and only high fantasy middle grade book series I've read. From what I remember as a child, it was mind blowing. If you're into these types of books, I'd recommend this.


I think this is where my particular flavor of humor started. This is a very funny, and somethings very sarcastic rendition of the character's life. Her rants and tangents are hilarious. I need to read this series again.


After the Mary-Kate & Ashley adventure's series I found this one. I will say these books have more depth to them than the aforementioned ones. I didn't get the full series, because I was getting them through used book places and at the time I didn't rationalize that there was a specific order or series to them. The few I read I loved.


These made me lose so many hours of sleep. I loved reading them, but I would only read them at night. You can imagine how grumpy I was waking up at 7 A.M. to get to school on time. 
___________________________________
Making this list made me realize that as a kid I was mostly into horror and mystery books. That's very surprising considering how I can't stand it nowadays. I don't know if this makes a normal kid or a messed up one...

Were you a horror and mystery buff as a kid?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...