If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, April 14, 2017

My Ramblings: Cover Redesigns = Ugly Book Shelves


Cover Redesigns = Ugly Book Shelves

I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I despise cover redesigns to the very core of my being. There are very few cover redesigns that I've come across that justify a redesign. I also don't like it when a publisher takes it upon themselves to redesign a full books series just because it's going to end on the next book.

I distinctly remember awaiting the release of Opposition By Jennifer Armentrout and being so disappointed that the cover on the last book in the series didn't match with the rest. I'm pretty sure by now they've published a version of the book with a darker cover, but that's not the point. At the time it turned me off from the series. I still haven't read that book to this day (but that also brings up my irrational fear of series being finished and the last book being horrible. That's a post for another day!).

Cover redesigns make for ugly book shelves. I hate it when I start collecting a series and by the third of fourth book nothing matches up with anything anymore. Unless I want to go repurchase the new editions all over again (which I don't, money isn't falling from the sky over here). That's a very strong pet peeve of mine.

Do you have any pet peeves when it comes to books?
Am I just too weird and strangely passionate
when it comes to this subject?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...