If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, March 24, 2017

Movie Review: Fallen (2016)

Fallen
(2016)

Rating: PG-13

Based on the worldwide bestselling book series, "Fallen" is seen through the eyes of Lucinda "Luce" Price, a strong-willed seventeen-year-old living a seemingly ordinary life until she is accused of a crime she didn’t commit. Sent off to the imposing Sword & Cross reform school, Luce finds herself being courted by two mysterious students to whom she feels oddly connected. Isolated and haunted by strange visions, Luce begins to unravel the secrets of her past and discovers the two men are fallen angels, competing for her love for centuries. Luce must choose where her feelings lie, pitting Heaven against Hell in an epic battle over true love.
Not available for purchase in the US as of this post being scheduled. 
| IMDb |

My Review:

I remember reading this book a few months after I finished reading Stephanie Mayer's Twilight series a few years ago. This was around the time I had finally discovered that I really enjoyed paranormal novels. At the time I can confidently say that I was indifferent to the novel, too bad I can't say the same of the movie.

Somethings just felt off about this movie. I don't know how to put it into words. I think it was way too fast paced and glossed over too much of the story. At times it felt like the acting was strained because everyone seemed monotoned and emotionless. I'd also like to point out the CGI wings. What was up with those? They were so strange. I also didn't understand the random fog in the pool scene. If it was to add drama and make the scene overall spooky, it did the complete opposite for me.

From what little I remember of it all Cam was a much bigger part of the initial storyline. It felt like he had 5 scenes in this whole movie. I despise movie Daniel more than book Daniel. I can't tell you how Daniel is in the books because (let's be honest) I didn't like him all that much. If he's half the jacka** in the book as he was in the movie I'm better off alone.

Conspiracy Theory: For a moment (when Luce was "picking") I thought it would have been fascinating to make her pick Cam. It's a fantasy and most people will probably hurt me if it ever came true, but I still think it'd be a better story. Luce and Daniel's love seemed so forced in this movie.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...