If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, January 6, 2017

TV Show Review: Westworld Season 1


Westworld
(Season 1)


A Western-themed futuristic theme park, populated with artificial intelligence, allows high-paying guests to live out their fantasies with no consequences or retaliation from the android hosts, until now.

| IMDb | HBO |


My Review:

* This is a review of the first season.

To put it in the most vulgar way possible: I feel like I just got mind f*cked in the best way possible. The story went full circle and it was SO incredible! I was expecting a major cliffhanger, but with the way the story lined up I was more flabbergasted with how they did it than the actual cliffhanger (don't kid yourself there was a major cliffhanger which I'll have to live with until 2018). 

The premise of it all reminds me a little of the movie Ex-Machina (which is amazing!). The whole robots eventually getting to a point of consciousness and rebelling is so scary, but at the same time, it provides entertaining storylines. 

I will admit it took some convincing to get me to watch the first episode. Which is weird to say because I enjoyed the series so much. Something about 'wild wild west' themed anything doesn't really resonate with me. I don't particularly enjoy movies of that theme, so I was very skeptical going into it all. 

The only downside to all of this is the release date for the next season (2018). From what I've read, the producers and story writers want to get the story outlined to the best of their capabilities and not have to stop mid season for rewrites. I understand and if waiting a year or two will make it so I get an even better experience than I got in the first season I'll happily wait.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...