If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 14, 2016

My Ramblings: Halloween Traditions

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Halloween Traditions

Writing about this topic brings back a lot of memories from when I was 10 years old and younger. I considered Halloween one of the best days of the year. The month leading up to it was always met with excitement and costume shopping. I would always go trick or treating with 4 or 5 other kids and all of the parents. Everyone would stay up very late and stuff our faces with more candy than should have been allowed to have at one time.

This was also the time that one of those friends of mine had his birthday. His actual birthday was 2 days shy of October 31st, but he would always have a Costume party. It was one of the highlights of the year and I remember having such a good time. It ended up becoming what I'd consider a tradition in my life right up until I moved to Brazil. 

As I've mentioned in other posts, Brazil doesn't really celebrate Hallow's Eve. So after about a year here I decided to make up a tradition of my own. I couldn't go trick or treating, so in my mind reading scary stories online would have to fill up that hole. At one time in my life I loved scary stories. I particularly enjoyed the Goosebumps Series By R. L. Stine. Nowadays, I don't find much joy in scaring myself with those types of stories. It's about time I decide on a new tradition. Painting funky halloween designs on my nails seems like a start.....

Do you have any 'Halloween Traditions'?
What are you planning anything this Hallows Eve?
Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...