If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Book Review: Lost (Allure Chronicles #3) By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Lost
(Allure Chronicles #3)
By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Release Date: March 10, 2016
When all that you love is left behind, you are lost…

Owen is devastated. He was willing to give up everything for Daisy, but she refused. He wants to believe there is a way to bring her back, even if it means getting help from the unlikeliest of sources.

Daisy is numb. She has lost any ability to feel human emotion. Her dreams are her only escape from her dull existence, and even those are fading.

Owen and Daisy are both lost, and only their love for each other will bring them back together.
Available At:
Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Google Play |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)












My Review:

* This review may contain spoilers for Books #0.5 - 2. 

This novel was surprisingly enjoyable when considering my opinions of the last few books in this series. I still did a lot of skimming, especially in the Owen chapters. They were so boring. It only started getting interesting after the Drago showed up, but by then I only had a few chapters left because the book was almost at it's end. There's also a cliffhanger thrown in for good measure. This one isn't as bad as the one in the second book, but it is still a cliffhanger.

I really liked the emotionless Daisy. She was a far more interesting and entertaining character that way. I liked how blunt and to the point she was. With the exception being thinking about Owen, because then she got so repetitive. I understand you lost your one true love, just don't remind me of all that you went through physically and emotionally every 5 pages.

I only remember Owen from the last few chapters because that's when the story fell into place. Before that it felt like one big filler. I would have been happy with a paragraph explaining what had happened with Owen and his group in the end, that way I would get more Daisy chapters.

I enjoyed Sol as a character. Even though the reader is barely introduced to him and 10 minutes later everything goes to hell. I wanted to know more about him and why he did what he did. I keep wondering what his true motivation was.

This was one of the better books in this series when you consider my love/hate relationship with it. I will be picking up the last book when it releases because I do want to know how this ends and I am a sucker for happily ever afters (which I hope is what the author is planning).

My Favorite Quotes:

"Sometimes in life the thing we want the most isn't what we're looking for."

"Doubting is negative. It means you've lost faith. But questioning is altogether different. It means you're thinking through a situation and making sure you agree with the steps being taken."

"Sometimes pain can borrow so deep inside a person that afterward they are no longer the person they were before."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...