If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!

This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

Surprisingly people don't recommend me books. I don't talk to anyone in the blogosphere. The ironic thing is I'll request an ARC from a publisher no problem, but when it comes to talking to other book bloggers I'm a lost cause...I need to work on that.

Most of my family knows I love reading, but that's where it stops because they think it's a waste of time and that it's (as my 13 year old cousin put it) "so boring". I don't know how they plan to succeed in life without having the read the written word. I'll have to check in with them in 10 years or so.

So considering all that, it's going to be hard to come up with 1, much less 10 books people have recommended me. It's usually the other way around and they ignore me and my suggestions.

* The following books are in no particular order.

1. The Fault In Our Stars 
By John Green
My friend's boyfriend bought her this title and she read it and loved it. She yapped on about it for a week straight until I told her I'd read the book. Which I did end up actually doing and loved it C:


2. The Book Thief 
By Markus Zusak
I got recommend this by pure coincidence. My aunt came to visit and this (portuguese version of it though), for some strange reason, ended up in her suitcase. I then commented that I found the concept of it interesting and she told me she hadn't started it yet, but that if it was in english she'd have given it to me. I still haven't read this.


3.  The Selection Series
By Kiera Cass
I love making Book Looks on Polyvore and I got invited to a book group that consisted in discussing and making book looks for this series. I actually talked to the leader and she said some very nice things about this series as a whole. I have this in audio book and will eventually get to it.
___________________________________

I spent an hour thinking on this topic and could only come up with 3 books unfortunately. That should tell you how much of a book nerd family I have. There was one more (from my she-thinks-she-so-intelectual-19-year-old-cousin-who's-still-in-highschool-while-I'm-18-and-already-in-collage), but I'm too embarrassed to mention it by title.

So I can't really ask if you enjoyed my list because it wasn't much of a list.
Could you recommend me any books in the comments below?
I like books that involve at least one paranormal element and with a little bit of romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...