If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!

This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read 

*The following books are in no particular order.

1. White Hot Kiss 
By Jennifer Armentrout
I actually own this and I don't know if it was me and my timing, but when I started this (and by started I mean read the first 10 pages and put it away) I just don't know what happened. I've heard awesome things about this novel, but I still can't get over my....how do I put this?....nervousness? I love almost anything Jennifer Armentrout writes, but maybe this is the exception. 


2. If I Stay 
By Gayle Forman
The movie is coming out soon and I don't know what to do. This isn't my type of book. The same thing happened with The Fault In Our Stars By John Green. I went into it unsure and came out beaten to a bloody pulp, but happy. It just kind of captivated me. I'm scared that that was a one time deal. I don't want to hate this book because I intend to watch the movie (P.S. TFIOS Movie was heart wrenchingly beautiful and terrible at the same time...oh dear God the emotions!). I also don't want to be the girl at the movies who has no clue what's going to happen in it...

I need someone's opinion. Can anyone help me out? Advice would be lovely at the moment =/


3. Rush Too Far 
By Abbi Glines
I LOVED Book #1 in the Too Far series and consequently hated all the other books. I'm hesitant to start this and love it and hate all the other books after it. I don't know what Mrs. Glines did with the other 2 books in the series, but they were NOT up to par with book #1.


4. Breakable 
By Tammara Webber
I read Easy in 2012. If I'm being honest I don't really even remember the story in detail. From what I've read in the stellar reviews of this book it over laps a little with the original book and I think I'll probably get lost a little because I don't remember much which will take away from the book/story as a whole. So I'll need to re-read Easy to read this =/

I re-read Easy a few days ago and started Breakable. I didn't really like the audio book voice I heard in the sample on Audible.com so I went ahead with the book. I got 102 pages into it (on my iPad) and stopped. I caught myself tearing up. I can't read a book if I'm going to tear up every 5 pages (just like TFIOS). So unless I get over the voice on the audio book I probably won't read this unfortunately.


5. Cold Blooded 
By Amanda Carlson
I read Book #1 and #2 in the Jessica McClain series and so I have mixed feelings. The first book (for a first book) was a great read! The second book followed the same formula for Book #1 and dragged along for me. From the reviews I read on Book #3 it's the same formula, but with a different plot point and it drags on all the same. I don't want to read a book I'll have to either mark as DNF or one star it.


6. Hopeless 
By Colleen Hoover
Seems like everywhere I go Colleen Hoover is there. On FB and Twitter when I scroll through my feed I see at least 2 posts on her or her books. I don't know if I should read them/this book or not considering I've heard both good and bad on it.



7. Speed Of Light 
By Amber Kizer
I LOVED Book #1 (Meridian) and Book #2 was readable. Though because I disliked the dual POV's (which didn't include Tens (AKA the "hero")). As much as I want to read more on their story it doesn't mean I'm willing to read about another character's story while I'm waiting on the main character's story. I hope that makes sense...

8. Half Moon 
By Jordan Deen
A few years ago I read The Crescent By Jordan Deen. I thought it was the best thing ever invented since electricity. Fast forward a few years and one re-read later and I'm not feeling it so much. At the time Half Moon was going to be released the following year and I actually talked to the author about how I felt about the book. Now I just don't know if I should put myself through the torture or just forgive and forget. 

9. Reborn 
By C. C, Hunter
I loved the Shadow Falls Series and when I heard this was a spin-off  I was thrilled. Except the same thing that happened with White Hot Kiss (mentioned somewhere above) happened to this. Maybe I'm just in a reading runt, but I read the first 2 chapters and I just wasn't feeling it.

Update: I've started on the audio book of this title. I'm not sure how far I'll get into it or even if I'll finish. I hope I do :]

I couldn't think of a tenth book so the list ends here C:
Please excuse me if this is considered cheating!! Hehe...

Do you agree? Disagree? 
Want to help me, give me advice or more books to read?
Go for it in the comments C:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...