If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Book Review: Tragic By J.A. Huss

Tragic
(Rook and Ronin #1)
By J.A. Huss

Published: May 20th, 2013

Rook Walsh is TRAGICBecause life so far – just sucks. Some girls get parents. Rook got the foster care system. Some girls get Prince Charming. Rook got an abusive frog. Some girls get lucky…

Rook got a second chance.

And she took it. Because when fate throws you a bone – you grab it with both hands and run.

Antoine Chaput knows the minute he spies Rook in his photography studio that she’s got The Look. The dark and desperate look he must have to land the exclusive TRAGIC media contract.

Rook is paired up with top model, Ronin, and he’s everything her abusive ex-boyfriend wasn’t. Patient, gentle, happy, attentive, and sexy! He knows exactly what to do to make Rook blush for Antoine’s camera.
Rook’s luck changes in an instant and suddenly she’s the darling of the modeling world. It’s a dream job to go with a dream guy and all she has to do is look pretty and follow directions. But there’s always a price to pay – and Rook is about to get the bill.

New Adult Contemporary Romance *Mature Content* Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language usage.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | B&N |

My Review:

I have mixed feeling with the events of this book. From my point of view, what Rook did is not considered exotic photo taking. What makes it even worse is that she walked into that contract without even knowing what the pictures would represent and what the premise of it all was. Also, the thought of her abusive ex finding her if she gets famous for the photos never even crossed her mind.
   
I very much disliked Ronin. He seemed to take advantage of her in all ways possible just because she's new to the business and wouldn't know wrong from right. He was also very hot and cold. I think his sister (Elise) should have intervened more in Rook and Ronin's relationship, if there even is one.
   
Then again, I don't know if Rook is that innocent or just dumb enough to go along with everything he wanted to try on her. I think that after everything she's been through she's just TOO willing to do whatever it takes for money. Which contradicts the scene where she spends her last 10 dollars on overpriced Starbucks coffee and the miracle hits her, quite literally, in the head.
   
Since I'm always against the world in relation to book teams in love triangles, I am leaning more towards Spencer Shirke. Unlike Ronin, he doesn't see Rook as a piece of meat to control and take photos with. He treats her like a human being and was actually quite nice and understanding toward her. He let her make her own decisions based on facts and not "because Ronin won't like it" as an argument. To top it all off, even Ronin said that Spencer is a good guy. I say go for it Rook.

Favorite Quotes:

"Don't rely on anyone to get what you want. You just gotta go get it yourself".

"Whats going on? Girl hugs are a bad sign".

"No one came to save me. No one gave a ---- about me and the only reason I'm still alive right now is because I got myself out. I saved me, Ronin. Me".

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...