If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Book Review: Touching Smoke By Airicka Phoenix


Touching Smoke
(Touch #1)
By Airicka Phoenix



Published: July 31st 2012

For sixteen-year-old FALLON BRAEDEN being on the run had been the easiest part of her life. Packing up and crossing whole cities on a split second decision had been tedious, having no friends and being alone had been painful, but being caught by the truth was something she learned too late was worse.
Fallon is a weapon. She was created to destroy. Keeping her alive, keeping her safe is all Isaiah knows. It’s all that matters, because Fallon is his. She belongs to him. She is a part of his body, his soul, his heart. He will do anything, kill anyone to keep her, even if it means sacrificing himself.

But can Fallon believe the stranger on the motorcycle claiming he was there to die for her? How do you trust when you have no one but the memories of a girl you’ve never met and a tall, dark, gorgeous boy that you feel pulsing deep in your soul? What do you do when you’ve been lied to your whole life? When you’re told you’re normal even though nothing about you is normal? Fallon must learn quickly just what she is before the evil chasing her finally gets what it wants… her blood.

The world depends on her not falling in love, not giving in. But what happens when the temptation becomes too great, when falling is her only option? Can she live knowing the world will burn because his touch is the only thing keeping her alive?

Touch Passion. Touch Power. Touch Smoke!
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Apparently I actually had already read this book in January of this year, the strange thing is that I don't actually remember the story. AT ALL. Which is weird since I've never had this happen to me before. I also found out that this is actually a series (yay!). I guess I have some books to read. Getting on with with the review....
   
This book wasn't that original that it become a new favorite, but it wasn't that cliché that I gave up 30% into the story. It was an overall decent read. I don't really have any pros and cons to it, since it was nicely edited and the story was well thought out and written. Though I have to comment on the cover: It's GORGEOUS! ^.^
   
The characters were OK. The hero was good looking as always, nice and protective, but not overwhelmingly so. Fallon was kind of annoying in the beginning since she didn't want to accept that she was what she was and blah blah blah. 
   
I had a HUGE problem with her "so called" mother. She was moody, self righteous and pushy. Her mood swings gave me whiplash. She knowingly hid key facts from her daughter claiming it was for her protection. Well you know what? In the end it all came out and it did no one any good not knowing what was happening. So word of advice: keep no secrets from your children, it'll just piss them off in the future when they find out because they always find out EVENTUALLY. That just killed my respect for this sorry excuse of a mother.

Favorite Quotes:

"Yeah, sure, why not. I've always wanted to be brainwashed into a zombie".

"People who claim to be normal are the biggest bunch of freaks I know".

"Don't you dare pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, Isaiah".

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...