If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Review: Breathe By Abbi Glines

Breathe
(Sea Breeze #1)
By Abbi Glines



Published: May 16th 2011

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I'm a little biased reviewing this book. I'm a huge Abbi Glines fan and have read two other trilogies by her and I S2 them! I don't think I can write a critical review on this book because I just love Abbi's books in general. But let me give it a try.
   
I really love the idea of a rock star falling for a not-in-his-world girl. It's really impossible to actually work out in reality, but it's fun to read about anyway. That's why it's called fiction, am I right? 
 
I liked Jax for his easy going, don't have a care in the world attitude towards life in general. It really contrasted with Sadie's sad excuse for a reality. Having a pitiful excuse of a mother, a brother or sister on the way and having to work to maintain the household alone is not an easy job. It's refreshing that Sadie found someone to take care of her and help in anyway she needed.
   
I'm not a big fan of love triangles (OK I HATE them), but this novel did try and create one. Thank the author that the other guy up and walked off.
   
The only big issue I had with this novel was the lack of contractions in the dialogue. Due to that, it came across as forced and awkward. I found myself substituting the "We will"'s for "We'll" mentally, which gets tiring at some point.

Favorite Quotes:

"If you were mine, I would never let you go".

"I swear if I catch one guy ogling you. he is going to be able to tell the world he got his ass kicked by Jax Stone".

"Back up, boy, and give her some breathing room. She didn't just give birth. her mama did".

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...