If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 18, 2022

Audio Book Review: The Twice-Scorned Lady of Shadow By Annette Marie

The Twice-Scorned Lady of Shadow
(The Guild Codex: Unveiled #3)
By Annette Marie

Narrator: Tim Campbell & Cris Dukehart
Length: 7 hours and 37 minutes

I'm learning to embrace who and what I am, but there's one thing I can't face: the night Zak betrayed me. But even with the mysteries of our shared past hanging between us, I can't turn Zak away when he asks for my help.

Powerful fae are going missing, and when he tried to investigate, Lallakai vanished too. Now he wants me to venture with him into the territory of the Shadow Court, but its bloodthirsty courtiers don't welcome meddling druids.

Danger is gathering around us, seen and unseen. As we uncover incomprehensible clues about the missing fae, we realize this nightmare runs deeper than we imagined, and unveiling it means delving into the past—our past.

If I abandon Zak now, he'll never make it out alive. But if I stay at his side, if I face the truth of that night, it will destroy us both.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* Anything in red is a spoiler.

This is my least favorite book of this series so far. That isn't to say this is bad in any way. It just didn't capture me like past books did. I also found the adventure Zak and Saber embarked on to not be all that exciting. 

Saber was just as kick*ss as ever. I loved seeing Zak and her bond somewhat due to the situation they encountered themselves in. Ríkr is in my top 5 favorite characters Annette Marie has ever created. I would actually love to get a novella from his POV

Zak went through the wringer in this one. It broke my heart to see it. The ending was crushing. On a more positive note, we find out a lot more about what Zak went through while Saber was with her aunt. 

The ending may be why this book didn't work for me very well. I've discovered about myself that I despise when the story puts the big-bad up to literally controlling the MMC to hurt the FMC because they aren't getting their way with just simple manipulation. It's a pet peeve I've recently been acquainted with. I'll still be reading the next book but I'll be very pouty about it.

P.S. Someone needs to dig a ditch and throw The Lady Of Shadow in it. Maybe consider encasing it in cement? #JustAThought

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! The characters were all distinguishable from each other. There were no weird noises in the background.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...