If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 16, 2022

Book Review: Dance with the Demon By Stacia Stark

Dance with the Demon
(Deals with Demons #2)
By Stacia Stark

What’s scarier than hunting demons?
Being bonded to one of them.

Ever since I got involved with the demons, my life has fallen apart.

Now, I’m persona non grata with the mage council. And because of me, my sister is in danger. If that wasn’t bad enough, I’m also the lead suspect in an attempted murder.

But it gets worse. I’m learning that everything I thought I knew about myself was a lie. And the underhanded demon who bonded with me? Well, he’s convinced he can keep me.

When an ancient fae artifact turns up missing, I have to use every trick up my sleeve to locate it. Someone wants to watch the world burn, and if I don’t stop them, every paranormal alive is a target.

Armed with a power I don’t understand, and with a demon I don’t trust by my side, it’s up to me to dodge the people who want me dead and protect my city.

Before Samael loses patience with whoever is hunting me and burns the city down himself.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

This series is a drug because I'm very much addicted! I love, love, love the universe the author is fleshing out with these books! The characters are complex and painted in shades of grey. I don't know whether or not I can trust them but in the best way. It sounds odd, I know.

Danica is a really bad*ss character. She does things her way and gets them done even if it almost ends with her death in the process. I like that she doesn't let Samael boss her around. The chemistry between them is wafting off the pages though!

Samael is the definition of morally grey. I like him 80% of the time but then he pulls something out of left field that no one was expecting. I want to like him but he's making it difficult to stand by him. This also speaks to the level of thought the author has put into this series and its characters because there's a fine line between these things and she's staying on it like a pro.

With every end of a book, Samael gets a new revelation that makes me think twice about liking him (but he's so damn charming I can't help it!). If it hadn't been clear up to this point I'm very much invested in this series and I can't wait to dive into the next book!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...