If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 15, 2023

Book Review: Best Friends By Laurann Dohner


Best Friends
(New Species #15)
By Laurann Dohner

Working together has forged a strong friendship between Melinda York and Mary Muller. So much so, they’re more like sisters. When two men burst into their diner with murder on their minds, Mel doesn’t hesitate to act. She’ll do anything to protect her friend, as well as their New Species customers…especially the one she’s been crushing on for months.

A single act of bravery sparks a series of events that result in Snow getting to know the waitress he’s been obsessively thinking about. He just wants to keep Mel safe. And convince her he’s the male for her.

Mary is the brunt of jokes because of her extreme fear of animals. Phobias aren’t funny. Is she the only one who understands that? When Mel’s actions link them both to New Species, she’d like to hide from those scary men with fangs. That would make her a crappy best friend, though. She’ll try to be brave…right up until the moment she comes face to face with a lion man named Lash. He’ll make her confront her fears in the most unexpected ways possible.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |

My Review:

* This is a review of the first story in this novel called Snow.

This was the first book I picked up in this series and I can't honestly say that I loved it. There was something off about the whole thing. I can't pinpoint if it was the writing, the overall flow of the story or the heroine. The writing wasn't necessarily bad but it wasn't something that pulled me into the story either.

I disliked Mel. She was supposed to be this sassy, take-no-names sort of gal but she would, at times, say some truly mean and rude things about the people around her without anyone prompting it. I also disliked how everyone went along with her half baked so-called plan to solve one of two things that were interesting about this story in 3 chapters or less.

Snow was an interesting character to get to know even though he wasn't much of a talker. He was quietly protective, intelligent and caring. Even though he was respectfully trying to fast track the relationship he did so gently if that makes any sense.

I enjoyed the ending to this couple's story but I can't say I want to read more about the universe this author created. Mel's best friend Mary's story was included with this 2 for 1 book and I can't say I'm going forward to reading it. I wanted to read this novel because of the first half of the synopsis and that's where I want to stop.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I feel like everything I've endured is worth it, now that you're in my life."

"Everyone needs to be accepted for who they are. It should be a given."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...