If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 5, 2021

Audio Book Review: Haunted By Shadows By Kel Carpenter

Haunted By Shadows
(Demons of New Chicago #2)
By Kel Carpenter

Narrator: Savannah Gilmore & Adam Gold
Length: 7 hours and 51 minutes

I used to hunt witches. Now I live with one.

To further complicate things, my past as a supernatural bounty hunter doesn’t exactly make me popular in these new circles I’m running in.

Shocker, I know.

Someone wants me dead.

Unfortunately for them, I’m pretty good at keeping myself alive. Not that it stops Ronan from being an alphahole.
He wants me to stay in Nathalie’s apartment and be safe while he handles the threat, all while holding Bree’s future over my head.

Not gonna happen.

To say I’m fucked is an understatement. But I’ve been in worse spots before.

Lucifer may be gone, but the corruption of magic isn’t. I have enemies everywhere.

And this time, they’re going to know what it means to burn.

Some things are worse than the devil.
To save Bree, I’ll become one of them.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

I think the magic that I saw in book one has fizzled out after I finished this one. There isn't much I can say in terms of where the story went without giving away massive spoilers so I'll have to leave it at that. I didn't love where the story went or where it's possibly going. 

The chemistry between Piper and Ronan was there but Piper was fighting it every step of the way. Even after he's made it very clear to her that he won't push her into anything and that he's realized that the way he was going about persuing her in the beginning only pushed her away. He will burn worlds for her at this point and all Piper can do is be stubborn about it for no other reason than she feels like it. Give him at least a chance, will you?

Bree was a much more interesting character this time around. I wish we had gotten more of her point of view in this story. She's proved to have quite the interesting background story and I want to know more about it. Particularly right before Piper blacked out and Bree was stuck with Lucifer. I would have loved to have been present for everything that happened in those moments. The recap she gave Piper doesn't seem to do what happened justice.

The ending wasn't unexpected but that's usually the twist that's presented after those circumstances come to fruition. I'm not in love with it though. I will probably give the next book a chance to redeem itself. I just hope Piper gives Ronan a chance at this point.

The Audio Book:

The narration was fine. The male narrator was a tad bit better though. The female narrator had a thing with pronouncing hard 't''s in words that it isn't usually heavily pronounced. It just took me out of the story every time she would do that. That was my only issue with the narration.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...