If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 21, 2021

Audio Book Review: Afterlife By Dannika Dark




Afterlife
(Crossbreed #10)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 12 hours

Another addicting installment of the USA Today bestselling Crossbreed series.

Only a week after solving their last case, Raven is itching for a new assignment. In her downtime, she’s focusing on the two most important men in her life: her father and Christian. But there’s no rest for the wicked.

When an old friend seeks Raven’s expertise on a delicate matter, Viktor reluctantly accepts the case. But without evidence of a crime, they might have no choice but to walk away, even if that means countless bodies filling the graveyard. Dark secrets, evil forces, and an unexpected visitor will keep you on the edge of your seat.

If only the dead could talk.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

I adore this series! I can't say there's been one book in this series that I disliked. That being said, this one was my least favorite so far. The writing is fantastic as always and the pace is steady. I think I was expecting more than what I got with this novel. I'm so used to most, if not all, the books hitting hard and moving the overarching story along that this one fell a bit short.

I loved that Raven teamed up with Blue for this one! I don't think we've ever been in Blue's head and I really liked it. Mateo (I listened to the audio book so I'm not sure I'm spelling his name right) was precious! I'd be open to reading a standalone with his story if he isn't meant to be with Blue. Deep down I'm hoping they end up together. I just can't let my judgment cloud my thoughts to the point of repeating the Silver/Justus/Logan situation when I read the Mageri series). 

Raven's story was at a standstill with this one. Her relationship with Christian felt off. Maybe I'm so used to them working together and their hilarious banter that I just wanted more of that in this book too.

What I took away from this novel, you ask? I can't wait for Houdini to get what's coming to him. All these riddles and the poping in whenever he feels like it just to see if he can knock something loose and stir the pot is incredibly frustrating and infuriating in the best way. I'm also way too curious about what he's planning and what everything is leading up to. 

The Audio Book:

Nicole Poole did a fantastic job with this one as always! She still continues to be my all-time favorite narrator. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...