If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 12, 2023

Book Review: Her Dragon Protector By Roxie Ray

Her Dragon Protector
(Black Claw Dragons #2)
By Roxie Ray

Can I really trust a dragon with my heart?

When I show up in Black Claw with bruises on my face and a split lip, I’m not looking for another man - I’ve made enough bad choices in that department. I’m ready to lie low with my best friend and pray to god that my ex doesn’t come to find me.

But Axel isn’t like any of the guys I’ve been drawn to before.

I’m not ready for a new relationship. I know that. But Axel sneaks inside my heart before I’ve even realized he’s there, and his touch sets my body alight with desire. But still... there’s something off about him. And when I find out his secret, I’m not sure I can stand the heat.

If my human ex was terrible, could a dragon be any better? He says it’s fate. Still...I’m scared to risk my heart again. But when danger comes knocking, I know Axel’s the one I need to protect me.

If my human ex was terrible, could a dragon be any better? He says it’s fate. Still...I’m scared to risk my heart again. But when danger comes knocking, I know Axel’s the one I need to protect me.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

This started out as an average story in the paranormal romance genre. The writing was good but the pacing was on the slow side. This was definitely more of a slow-burn romance. That wasn't a problem though.

My problem was with the heroine towards the end. In the beginning, she came off as a smart and headstrong individual. I understood her need to not be in a relationship and take things very slowly. It was all within reason. That being said, the way she runs away from their secret (after it finally being revealed) made me dislike her so much. She did this all the while knowing her ex was out hunting her down and she knew very well what he was capable of. If she had dug her grave I was happy to let her lie in it if it were up to me in the last few chapters.

Axel was so understanding, caring, and patient with her. It came off a tad bit unrealistic in some points in the story. This guy didn't push for anything and initially truly wanted to get to know her as a person. It was sweet and endearing and he deserved better with what she did to him in the last few chapters. 

Things all work out in the end and they have a happily ever after. I still wanted her to not exist so I was not as excited about this as the characters were. Overall this was a good story but the heroine made it shine a little less for me. I don't think I'll be reading any future books in this series.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...