If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 29, 2023

Audio Book Review: Guardian's Bond By Rhenna Morgan

Guardian's Bond
(Ancient Ink #1)
By Rhenna Morgan 

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 9 hours and 31 minutes

For decades, he’s been alone.
Now, she’s here. His fated mate.
His to win. To protect.
To provide for and pleasure.

Priest Rahandras has lived with the darkness trapped inside himself for years. Betrayed by his own brother and forced to watch his clan’s brutal annihilation, the only thing Priest wants more than to escape the curse that haunts him—as both man and beast—is to rebuild.

Until the mate he’s longed for walks into his life with an elder from his past. She’s everything he’s wished for, and the key to the clan’s very survival.

Kateri Falsen is a woman of logic and facts. While Priest’s cat can sense her arousal, telling her they’re fated won’t be enough. He’ll have to show her his love: with his words, with his actions, and with his body.

Protecting Kateri from the evil trapped inside him is paramount. But when lost clan members are systematically murdered, he’ll have to choose between exposing his mate to his black magic, or risking her as the next victim.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

Truth be told I didn't love this book. I read this for all the wrong reasons. I was lead to believe (from reading reviews on the second book in this series) that by reading this I would be setting up the overall world building for the rest of the series. I'd like to ask where all this world building can be found because it was barely there in this novel. The way people were talking about this made me think I was going to miss a critical concept or something of the sort if I didn't read this first. 

The characters were great! They had individual personalities and helped push and develop the story along. I loved how Katie (the main heroine) had a backbone and didn't bend to the hero's will after 2 seconds in his presence. I liked how Preist had to fight for Katie and how reverent of her he was.

I would have liked more world-building in this novel or, at least, more than it had. Everything felt so small and the big-bad felt so all powerful. It was a strange dynamic for this story in relation to what I subconsciously built up in my head. Overall, this story had a nice pace to it and the writing style was easy to follow and relaxing to listen to.

P.S. I listened to the audio book so it may not have been included but it would be a great idea if the author had a glossary of some sort (like J. R. Ward does with her books) with all the important terminology pertaining to the book/story and its definitions.

The Audio Book:

I've learned to adore Nicole Poole's narrations. She's probably the only reason I finished this novel. She has an amazing range of male and female voices with and without accents. Her narration was incredible!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...