If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 20, 2023

Audio Book Review: Blood Captive By Kim Loraine

Blood Captive
(Blackthorne Vampires #1)
By Kim Loraine

Narrated By: Aaron Shedlock & Emma Wilder
Length: 6 hours and 5 minutes

He wanted me for my blood...

Living on the run was all I'd ever known. My life was unstable, but at least I wasn't alone. That all changed when my mother was murdered.

I ran from the unknown creatures she'd always feared. Until the day I stopped being afraid.
That was my first mistake.

Cashel Blackthorne took me as his captive, but more than that, he opened my eyes to the terrible truth of the world.

Vampires exist, and I am the key to their salvation.

The Blackthorne vampires need my blood but their prince desires more--me.

There's something between us neither of us can deny.

He is my captor, but I'll be his ruin.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

* Anything in red is a spoiler.

Let's start from the beginning. I have picked up this book a few times before when it first released and it just didn't work for me at that moment. I'm a mood reader so that wasn't anything new for me. When the audio book released I thought that I had a second chance to read a book that a lot of people enjoyed. I was wrong. The narration was good but the book, in general, was not for me.

The heroine (whose name escapes me) was so dense and naive, almost bordering on too-stupid-to-live at various moments in the story. Being in her head was a bore. I understand she's a human in a vampire world but there has to be more you can do other than whine and pine over someone while in captivity. 

Cashel is not a book boyfriend I want to read about. The should-I-shouldn't-I thing he had going on got boring and annoying very early on. The most frustrating thing is that he had the opportunity to run away with her in the beginning and he still chose to hand her over to his insane father. Also in the end when they were running away why would you drive a few hours, stop at a cabin that's in your name and hide out there for days while getting to know each other. All-powerful and vengeful vampires are after you why are you stopping a few hours away for a few days? Get the f*^@ out of dodge first you idiot! It's like he wanted to get captured.

The ending was annoying. It was way too obvious of a way to set up the second book to this series. It was the last straw for me with this set of characters and their story. I don't intend to pick up the following books in this series.

The Audio Book:

I had no problems with the narration! Both narrators were awesome. All the characters had distinct enough voices so I didn't get lost in conversation throughout the story. Though this would have been even better if it had been dual narrated.

My Rating For The Audio Book:





My Rating For The Story:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...