If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 7, 2020

Audio Book Review: Heartless By Dannika Dark

Heartless
(Crossbreed #9)
By Dannika Dark

Narrated By: Nicole Poole
Length: 12 hours and 45 minutes

Despite the spoils of a solid relationship and an idyllic life at Keystone, Raven is itching for the thrill of another big case. Things begin to heat up when a dangerous assignment falls in her lap.

Searching for the mastermind behind an illegal fighting ring is no easy feat, but as the weeks roll by, Raven’s undercover job begins to take an unexpected emotional toll. It’s a deadly mission, and if she’s not careful, she could lose everything.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo iBooks |


Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

* Everything in red is a spoiler. Also, beware of spoilers for past books in this series.

Every time I finish a book in this series I ask myself why I'm reading them as they're releasing! I could save myself so much anticipation, worry, and anxiety if I could just wait it out. But alas can't stop, won't stop and there's no going back at this point.

Going into this story I thought it was going to be one of my least favorite adventures but I was SO wrong. Everything started out innocuous enough for the team but it spiraled so fast onto a road I didn't even know existed and then preceded to rip my heart out and laugh at me.

Christian's one-liners were on point throughout the story. I still wish we could have seen even more of him in this novel. Don't get me wrong, he was a big part of this book but I want him in every scene with no exceptions. There's nothing wrong with that, right? Tell me I'm wrong.

Raven was a kick*ss as ever and so brave. I love how she willingly puts herself in sketchy situations for the chance to help others. She's evolved so much throughout these 9 books and I can't wait to see what her next adventure is.

The cameos in this novel were SO, SO, SO cool! I think it was the first time I was paying enough attention to how the characters were described to realize what was actually going on. 

It probably isn't realistic at this point to hope that everyone in the Keystone group gets a happy ending but I still hope. I'm currently very invested in Claude and Snitch. Fingers crossed no one dies by the end of this series because I will revolt!

The last hour and a half of this book gave me heart palpations. There was almost a HUGE and very mean cliffhanger to this book. I finished this book in the wee hours of the night because there was no sleeping when the fate of these characters was concerned. The very ending made this book amazing and heartbreaking at the same time!

The Audio Book:

The narration was amazing! I loved everything about it! All the character's voices were distinguishable from one another. There were no strange noises in the background of the narration.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...