If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Give Different Titles To

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Books I’d Give Different Titles To
* Covers linked to Goodreads

Warrior Fae Trapped
(Warrior Fae #1)
By K. F. Breene

Maybe it's a pet peeve of mine but I dislike it when the books have the series in its name. This book is supposed to be part of a mini-series in a bigger universe the author created entitled Warrior Fae because the heroine is one. I think there could have been more thought put into it.



Do You Like My Wiener?:
A non-expert's no-nonsense
guide to dating
By Brenda Rothert

I got played by the first part of this title! It makes this book out to be something that it isn't. I was just plain annoyed by it when I finished this novel.




Forever Stardust
(Tangled Realms #2)
By Jessica Sorensen

It's a beautiful title but it has very little to do or reflect from the story and that doesn't sit well with me. It's another one of those pesky pet peeves I seem to have that rear their ugly heads from time to time.





Protecting her Six
(Men of Elite Securities #1)
By Trinity Rose

In the era of reverse harem that we are currently living in, I think that this novel reflects what it isn't from that title. It would benefit from a change in title and an upgraded cover if you ask me.





What book title would you change?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm not a fan of books that have the series name in their title, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that the series shouldn't be in the title. It should be a subtitle if you're interested in continuing the story line. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It just makes it confusing! Specially with publishers who don't like to put series and book numbers anywhere on the books. Would it hurt them to help me out so I don't mistakenly start a 10 book series on #8? :/

      Delete
  3. I like titles to match the story too. Forever Stardust is a cool title but not if it doesn't reflect the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be something quite a few people prefer in their book titles! If only publishers would actually listen to us :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...