If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, October 21, 2019

Book Review: Wicked Thorne By Kim Loraine

Wicked Thorne
(Cursed Coven #1)
By Kim Loraine

My demons are dark. My sins are many. And taking Natalie Good might be my worst offense yet. Because I’m the very Blackthorne responsible for her ancestor’s demise. But her blood sings for me, her body calls my name, and if kissing her is sinful, Romeo was right—give me my sin again.

I’ve made a point of avoiding witches for the last few hundred years. In fact, I’ve avoided almost everything from my past since my family decimated Salem.

So when a curse pulls me halfway across the world and into the path of a witch, I know should leave her alone. But I can’t. There’s something about Natalie that’s irresistible. I need to keep her safe, even if she doesn’t want protection from a Blackthorne Vampire.

The Midnight Coven presents:
Cursed Coven

On Samhain night the covens gather to share their power and celebrate. It’s a time for pure magic. A night of unbridled witchcraft. But there’s a dark force waiting in the wings, determined to curse every witch at the gathering, and when she does, no one escapes.

Face their darkest fear. Survive or die.

These are the stories of thirteen witches cursed at the one place they should have been safe. Join the coven and learn their fates.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did! I really enjoy this author's writing style and I can't explain what it is or why. I also appreciate how she's expanding the Blackthorne vampires universe she created a few books back into a series and the novellas with the Midnight Coven.

Natalie seemed like a great character to get to know but there isn't much of her that's introduced before things get going. I understand this is a novella but I would have liked to have had more time getting to know her and the people around her before everything else happened. I liked that she was stubborn and would speak up when she thought something was off.

Silas was a pretty standup guy considering he had ample opportunity to drain and/or kill her from the start. He cared for her and wanted a future with her before she even knew it was a possibility. He treated her well and made his intentions known almost from the start. Though he did, in essence, "trick" her into the bond because he never specifically stated that's what he was doing but he did ask in his way.

Start Of Spoiler

I'm not usually a fan of time travel in the books I read, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this novel in the first place. I liked how well plotted out it was and how the pieces started falling into place when it all finally converged.

End Of Spoiler

This proved itself to be a quick and fun read! I'm looking forward to future books by this author with the Midnight Coven. 

My Favorite Quotes:

"We don't all have to be monsters just because that's what our fathers were."

"You survived and found something most creatures never get. [...] Someone who'll care for you forever."

"You thought you were getting a vampire. Instead you got a rebel prince."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...