If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: The Most Intimidating Books/Series I've Read

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

I'll be switching up this weeks topic to:

The Most Intimidating Books/Series I've Read

A Note: The only thing these books have in common is their size.

1. Any and all books by J. R. Ward. I'm a big fan of her Black Dagger Brotherhood series but OMG they are such big books. The stories are very intricate and I love so many aspects to them and I wouldn't have them any other way. That doesn't take away from the fact that they are glorious monstrosities :)

2. The Twilight Series By Stephanie Meyer. We've all heard this a thousand times, Twilight was what got me into reading PNR and UF. I'm grateful for it, yadda yadda yadda. On a separate note, I don't know how I read those books. I ended up only getting the first book as a hardcover (which was huge) and reading the other 3 on my kindle. Had I realized how long they actually were I don't think I would have ever finished the series in the first place.

3. Silver Silence By Nalini Singh. This is the reign champion of the longest audio book I've ever put myself through. It was 16 hours (and some change) of what started off as a great story that then lost my interest. I finished it a couple of months after I started it and I still can't say it was worth 16 hours of my life.

What're the most intimidating books you've read?
Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Great list! Breaking Dawn was a beast of a book - especially considering I didn't feel like much actually happened in it in the grand scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I blame the hype surrounding it for helping me finish it in the first place :)

      Delete
  2. 16 hours! Wow. And I guess I never realized the Twilight books were such chunksters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. 16 full hours that could have been cut down to move the story along faster, but that's just me. I only figured it out a few months ago when I didn't a TTT that involved the longest books I've ever read :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...