If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 10, 2018

Audio Book Review: Fighting For Everything By Laura Kaye

Fighting For Everything
(Warrior Fight Club #1)
By Laura Kaye

Narrator: Andi Arndt
Length: 6 hours and 20 minutes

Loving her is the biggest fight of his life…

Home from the Marines, Noah Cortez has a secret he doesn’t want his oldest friend, Kristina Moore, to know. It kills him to push her away, especially when he’s noticing just how sexy and confident she’s become in his absence. But, angry and full of fight, he’s not the same man anymore either. Which is why Warrior Fight Club sounds so good.

Kristina loves teaching, but she wants more out of life. She wants Noah—the boy she’s crushed on and waited for. Except Noah is all man now—in ways both oh so good and troubling, too. Still, she wants who he’s become—every war-hardened inch. And when they finally stop fighting their attraction, it’s everything Kristina never dared hope for.

But Noah is secretly spiraling, and when he lashes out, it threatens what he and Kristina have found. The brotherhood of the fight club helps him confront his demons, but only Noah can convince the woman he loves that he’s finally ready to fight for everything.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review - Review For Book #2 Will Be Live Soon!)


My Review:

This novel started off fairly interesting and with so much potential. Halfway through the story/audio book, it lost something critical which lead to me rushing through it just to get it over with. The overall writing style was good, but the pacing was slow and the character's only made it worse for me.

Kristina started off as a devoted, loyal and understanding friend. I loved how she wanted to help Noah get back on his feet out of sheer respect for him as a person. After Noah introduced the possibility of them being together and going back on it she became a needy and unsure annoyance. Then again, after all he put her through they actually deserve each other.

Noah was a marine who was discharged after an accident that left him with what seems like PTSD, hearing and sight loss on his left side (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I understand him lashing out in the beginning and maybe going back on his decision for something more with Kristina one time, but everything after that had me very angry. The hot and cold thing he had going on was becoming more and more frustrating by the minute. He ended up turning himself into a douche. At one point, it felt like the relationship was moving one step forward and 20 steps back because nothing concrete ever happened. *SPOILER* Kristina had to give him an ultimatum to bring him back to reality and even that only worked weeks after the fact. *END OF SPOILER*

Ethan was a hidden gem in this book! This novel may not have officially contained a love triangle, but I'm still proclaiming myself as Team Ethan. He was so nice and understanding. At one point I was so annoyed at Noah I was hoping for there to be a plot twist for Ethan to have a chance. I'd love to read Ethan's story. He seems much more interesting than Noah.

I only finished this book because I sped up the narration times two in the last hour. This story was getting so unreasonable and the characters were so annoying that that was the only way I was going to contemplate finishing it in the first place. The universe the author created with this novel felt very small. I also would have preferred the 'Warrior Fight Club' being mentioned earlier in the novel because it was mostly filler up to that point. Considering it's also the name of the series I was getting worried when it took so long to get mentioned.

The Audio Book:

The narration as a whole was great. I could differentiate between characters easily. My overall problem was due to the story and not with the narration.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this one didn't work for you. I had read Kaye's Hard Ink series, and really enjoyed it. I know I would have trouble getting invested in a story, where the characters annoyed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could enjoy this authors novels. I just finished my third Laura Kaye book and it seems like this is a *ME* problem. The characters certainly didn't help the situation. Her books don't work for me and I just need to accept it :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...