If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 27, 2018

Audio Book Review: Among The Echoes By Aly Martinez

Among The Echoes
(Wrecked And Ruined #2.5)
By Aly Martinez

Narrators: Laura Jennings & Carson Beck
Length: 7 hours and 27 minutes

Among the Echoes is a full length standalone novel.

My name was Dr. Erica Hill. I was a victim, then a witness, and then I ceased to exist altogether.

I may still be breathing, but stripped of my identity, I have long since stopped living. I am invisible, and my life depends on my ability to stay in the shadows.

But he sees me.

Slate Andrews is the embodiment of everything I have been taught to avoid. He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.

I’m on the run, determined not to take him down with me but absolutely unable to let him go.

My name is Riley Peterson…at least for today.

This novel contains material that may be offensive to some readers. Including sexual abuse, graphic language, and adult situations. Intended for readers 18+.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

My Review:

This was one of the first few books this author released. I can definitely see the potential that would continue to evolve and become the romance author she is today. As beautiful as this story was the emotional potency she tends to evoke in me in her later novels weren't all that strong in this one. It was still a very well written story.

The heroine (Erica) is introduced in a very graphic and stomach-churning first scene. I usually don't mind most situations but this was one of the few books that almost had me tapping out because of it. Erica was traumatized and was almost broken because of it all. The seconds of "clarity" (AKA being herself) she would exhibit with Slate was amazing. Her journey of learning to live with her trauma and love again was beautiful.

Slate was amazing! I loved how understanding and respectful he was towards Erica. At the same time, he also pushed her just enough out of her comfort zone for her to try and have normal experiences due to her circumstances and secrets.

The ending was sweet! Though the "big bad" Erica and Leo were running from throughout the story was defeated way too easily, but I never saw it coming. I loved seeing her back in her element and living life to its fullest with Slate in the end.

The Audio Book:

Both narrations were great! I'm not usually a fan of male narrators, but the story sucked me in so well that I wouldn't even realize the narrator switched until the almost end of the chapter. I would have liked for both narrators to have more range in different female and male voices because there were a few times when I lost track of who was saying what.

My Rating:

&½

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...